PDA

View Full Version : I need help with another RPM

grnwavdav
02-14-2009, 11:17 AM
I know I've been needy recently, but I only have two more roll of these wheaties I bought off a dealer left. So I wont be posting attribution questions three times a day anymore. Thank you to everyone for helping out.

Okay, I have this 1951S RPM in (I think) a Very Late Die State. I think is a 1951S-1MM-004. Can anyone look this one up for me. Coppercoins doesn't have any pictures to reference and CONECA didn't have any die markers listed either.

JeanK
02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey Dave,
I checked my RPM book and it appears the 004 has the mint mark in a different location. This is a photograph of the picture in the book which is less than nice, but it might help. None of the other pictures shown come close to matching your coin.
Jean

grnwavdav
02-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks Jean. The picture of #4 in your book is closer to the nine than mine. So that rules out #4. Thanks for your help Jean.

Wheat Cents
02-15-2009, 07:04 AM
There are approximately thirty three 1951-S RPMs in the Wexler Files which have no cross reference to CONECA or CC 1951-S RPMs. I have looked through twenty four of those and did not find a match to yours. However there are still nine to which I have no photos.

I would suggest sending in to JB. It would may come back as one of those nine, or ...maybe... a new listing.

grnwavdav
02-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Great! Thanks a lot. How can I get those Wexler files?