PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all from snow country...

dreamstones
02-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Hi all,
I live in the "lake effect" snow belt in central New York. I generally have a lot of time on my hands in the winter, so I have begun collecting cents and have found myself becoming addicted! I found my first 2000 WAM 2 weeks ago and decided to start buying cents by the box...uh oh! Anyway, my grandparents used to put coins and bills away for me when I was little and I have recently begun to collect on my own. It seems I have found a hobby that really interests me (love history and coins can definitely tell stories!). So thanks for letting me ramble a bit...now to read as much as I can and get an education...Mike

1sgret
02-15-2009, 05:26 AM
Welcome to the LCR Forum and enjoy yourself. There is alot of information and knowledge to be found on this site.

Steven
02-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Welcome to LCR Mike......Keep the snow though :LOL_Hair:

Wheat Cents
02-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Welcome to the Forum.

I think you'll find quite a few of "addicted" Lincoln Cent collectors here on LCR Forum. But even more than you'll find great deal of knowledge shared and noted experts willing to share it.

Brad has done a great job with this site in a little over a year. I'd encourage members to spread the word so others join ...:)

OCD
02-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the forum.

CCC
02-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the forum Mike.

RWBILLER
02-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Your at the best site for lincolns on the internet.
Keep posting and welcome!
I from new jersey - you need wide am's i got alot - will trade for pre 1937 canadian pennies (small cents)
thx
roger

kloccwork419
02-15-2009, 09:23 AM
WELCOME..You sure picked the right forum to join...thats for sure!!!!

nightowl
02-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the forum. Post and ask away.

JeanK
02-15-2009, 11:04 AM
We are so happy you decided to join us!
Welcome to LCR.
Jean

koinmon
02-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Hi all,
I live in the "lake effect" snow belt in central New York. I generally have a lot of time on my hands in the winter, so I have begun collecting cents and have found myself becoming addicted! I found my first 2000 WAM 2 weeks ago and decided to start buying cents by the box...uh oh! Anyway, my grandparents used to put coins and bills away for me when I was little and I have recently begun to collect on my own. It seems I have found a hobby that really interests me (love history and coins can definitely tell stories!). So thanks for letting me ramble a bit...now to read as much as I can and get an education...Mike
Welcome Mike, I live just about 70 miles south of you. Used to have a great aunt and uncle in near Springville. The 1984 double earlobe was released there just found my 7th one last fall. ENJOY THE SITE.
koinmon
george

dvn
02-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Welcome Mike, I live just about 70 miles south of you. Used to have a great aunt and uncle in near Springville. The 1984 double earlobe was released there just found my 7th one last fall. ENJOY THE SITE.
koinmon
george

So that's where they are at. No wonder I have never come across one ... at least not yet anyway.

Mike, welcome to the forum. Enjoy ...

Billy

snowman
02-16-2009, 06:19 AM
Mike, welcome to the forum. Its nice to have have someone in the same neighborhood. Sounds like your up in Oswego Co. and the lake effect has been a little mild this winter compared to other years. I'm just north of Syracuse so we dont get as much snow as lake effect areas.

Again, weclome to the forum. Jeff

Daggit
02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi and welcome!

Shingpumps
02-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Woop Woop, welcome to the LCR. I've only seen snow 11 times my whole life.