PDA

View Full Version : 2009 errors already??

kloccwork419
02-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Isnt it beautiful!!!??:)
This one has a real nice crack about 4 oclock on the reverse and I think some trails!!!...YEA...TRAILS!!!!..Im addicted..I know!:LOL_Hair:

kloccwork419
02-17-2009, 08:14 PM
The way these are made, there is alot of errors to come. FOR SURE!!!..Cracks in all the common spots on obverse-forehead-hair(multiple spots). I wont be surprised if this is the 2008 Obverse. With lettering incused on reverse and raised in the same area!!!..There will be alot of errors!!

kloccwork419
02-18-2009, 02:07 PM
wow..No replies..lolol..Ill reply to myself.

I found about 6 dofferent stages of this die crack. Almost all the coins have some sort of trails also. Mostly like the one I show but there are 2 other directions.

Not all they are hyped up to be!!

1sgret
02-18-2009, 02:30 PM
In the newest issue of Coin World (Feb 23rd) they are mulling over the idea of selling rolls to customers. Also I was right that there is a "glut" of pennies here in the South and the FEDS are not taking orders from the banks for delivery of the new pennies for customers.

I would like to see the Mint sell the pennies in boxes (Direct Shipment) as they do for the circulating Presidential and the New SAC's. You just pay for the coins in the boxes and no shipping charges. Hopefully they may consider working this out for the public to get them this way. As you know this type of distribution is the same as getting the coins in circulation (same source).

dvn
02-18-2009, 03:15 PM
In the newest issue of Coin World (Feb 23rd) they are mulling over the idea of selling rolls to customers. Also I was right that there is a "glut" of pennies here in the South and the FEDS are not taking orders from the banks for delivery of the new pennies for customers.

I would like to see the Mint sell the pennies in boxes (Direct Shipment) as they do for the circulating Presidential and the New SAC's. You just pay for the coins in the boxes and no shipping charges. Hopefully they may consider working this out for the public to get them this way. As you know this type of distribution is the same as getting the coins in circulation (same source).

I agree with you Joe on the "glut" of cents.

That would be great if the Mint will offer that service.

Billy

JeanK
02-18-2009, 04:18 PM
You might want to know that I called my bank this morning and asked when they would get the new pennies. The person who answered said they would have to check with the other branches and I was put on hold. Eventually the line went dead. Hmmm... I wonder if I am the only one in this little town who asked about this?
Jean

RWBILLER
02-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I dont think my eyes will adjust to the new pennies - Just like in 1959!
roger

Brad
02-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Nice find. I'm not sure about the trails though...may just be die scratches.

legend
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
A whole new series of errors for us!!! Just beautiful, the new design, cannot wait for my box of early releases. As for me, i kept plenty of bags of the old clads, just for nostalgia.

kloccwork419
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
They are very minor. If I could get a better pic you can see the angle of the die marks then the angle of these few that I think are trails. Im thinking that its not going to be very rare to find trails on these. ANYONE HAVE ANY TO SEACH?

Everyone I pm this week, They went out today!!!

kloccwork419
02-23-2009, 07:43 PM
It sold for $33.99

Thank you Lincoln!!!! Gotta love it!!!

Looks like Ill have to put the other 5 up for bidding too!!!

trails
02-24-2009, 05:03 AM
I do believe that the lines are trails; I can see extensions on all the letters. However and as per usual, I will need to have the coin in hand for examination and confirmation of the fact.

If you will, can you send it to me as soon as possible?

Thanks

BJ Neff

laytonre
02-24-2009, 05:23 AM
talked to customer service at the mint and they said that the rolls will be avail late spring...still no word on where the bags of $50.00 are at and if they will make the mint site...the word that i got was the feds have they in distribution...richard