PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum but not to collecting

myke
02-26-2014, 04:30 AM
Hello,

First, I feel compelled to compliment the Administration and staff on a job well done, this forum really works well, I had zero problems with registration process or the organization, it is well organized and uses an excellent color scheme, easy on the eye's, I love it. I run several vBulletin forums myself so I know that it's not easy to keep a forum like this operating smoothly. Kudos

The website itself is also very insightful and loaded with ton's of valuable information, I am no where near finished studying all the documents, and learning the various important tip's that we collectors should be aware of. I ran into Brad at a coin show in Elgin IL, ( the Mid-Winter Classic, Jan 26th ) and he gave me a card with the website address on it. I have been reading and searching the board since and every time I think I have an idea for a new thread, I am able to find it with the search, it's already been covered. ;)

I live near Old World Coin in McHenry IL, if anyone ever wanted to try and meet, or perhaps car pool to the next area coin show, we leave around 8 AM. Drop me a line and maybe we can work something out.

myke

Maineman750
02-26-2014, 04:59 AM
Welcome to the forum Myke ! Nice to have a member with V-Bulletin experience, maybe we can pick your brain sometime ?

coop
02-26-2014, 05:35 AM
Good to have you here. I'll hang out the Welcome sign.
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/coop49/WELCOME.gif

VAB2013
02-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Welcome Myke! Nice to have you around and thanks for the compliments on the LCR!

enamel7
02-26-2014, 06:39 AM
Welcome aboard!

mustbebob
02-26-2014, 07:15 AM
Hi Myke. Welcome! We are glad to have you here.

copperlover
02-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Welcome to the LCR Community. You would be an asset to this forum and we hope to see a lot more of you.

Lucien

joel
02-26-2014, 07:35 AM
Myke, I'm new to LCR this month also. This my first experience with being a part of such an interactive site and I agree with you completely that LCR is terrific! I like it so much since I found it that I told a bank manager I know about it because his two daughter were just getting into coin collecting. Thanks, Joel

liveandievarieties
02-26-2014, 07:35 AM
Welcome Myke! As Roger said, it's nice to have someone with V-Bulletin experience! Glad to have you as a member.

jallengomez
02-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Welcome Myke!

JC Stevens
02-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Welcome to LCR

joel
02-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Maineman750, I just wanted to report something to you since you are the administrator. I have received 2 emails from this thread this morning that were directed to Myke and I received them. I'm Joel. Thanks

myke
02-26-2014, 02:35 PM
I have received 2 emails from this thread this morning that were directed to myke,
I'm Joel. Thanks

Joel, other then checking your subscribed threads (http://lincolncentresource.net/forums/usercp.php) list I am at a loss on that one.

Welcome to the forum Myke ! Nice to have a member with V-Bulletin experience, maybe we can pick your brain sometime ?

I doubt that will be the case, probably the other way around, the site apears to work great to me! Only thing I would mention is that, if it's not been done already, password protect the admin directory with an additional encrypted .htpasswd file before you regret not doing it.

VAB2013
02-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Myke, I'm new to LCR this month also. This my first experience with being a part of such an interactive site and I agree with you completely that LCR is terrific! I like it so much since I found it that I told a bank manager I know about it because his two daughter were just getting into coin collecting. Thanks, Joel

That is great that you are spreading the word Joel! I love to hear stories about kids getting involved!

wapa
02-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Welcome Myke and enjoy.

EE1969
02-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the forum!

CentingAround
02-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Welcome have a great day,Tod

ledger35
03-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome aboard, Hope you enjoy the stay! There is a lot of good information from many knowledgeable collectors.