PDA

View Full Version : Found Today:1939 P/Maybe New Eyelid

CentingAround
03-06-2014, 09:35 PM
:)Found Today:1939 P/Maybe New Eyelid,looks to me like a Double Eyelid,no DDR on the back and where this Doubled is on the Lid is only close to the 1DR-006 for sure it is not 1DR-006 which is leading me to think this is a new Doubled Eyelid. What do u guys think?Thanks Tod:)

jallengomez
03-07-2014, 05:43 AM
It looks like you've got one, but I'm not sure which. Coneca and Wexler both list doubled eyelids north as well. One thing I will point out though is that it's not uncommon for individual dies to be switched out. Just because the 006 listed on coppercoins was once paired with a DDR reverse, doesn't mean that it was always paired with that reverse die. Back then(and until recently) the obverse die was the hammer die, and the reverse was the anvil die. The anvil dies seemed to wear out faster than the hammer dies, and consequently, it wasn't unusual to see one or more reverse die changes over the life of a given obverse die. One of those things that makes an attributor's job even more fun. :D

CentingAround
03-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Thank u for all the great info on this Cent,Tod

GrumpyEd
03-07-2014, 10:07 PM
You've been finding a lot of doubled eyelids!

I did something similar, I had many rolls that I'd hunted for varieties then went back looking specifically for extra eyelids and found a lot of them and many probables.

:)

CentingAround
03-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Great,I like the 2nd look thru,I think even more then the first,get as many DDR as I can spot and then take a look for Doubled Eyelids,Class 6 OBV,RPMS. Some today were peeking thru dirt,few others today were just fine Doubled Eyelid no dirt no problem finds. For me I like the pace of DDR searching,OBV Doubled searching at the same time is to much back and forward. Glad u found a bunch GrumpyEd.Tod