PDA

View Full Version : [Example] Double error on a one cent planchet

1sgret
02-20-2009, 09:42 AM
This is a Double Error Coin and is very seldom seen.

This is a 1973-D Jefferson Nickel which has been Double Struck
In-Collar and was also Struck on a 1 Cent Planchet.

It weighs 3.1 Grams and has been Graded MS-65 Red/Brown. This is a scarce date for errors. When was the last time you found or saw a RED/BROWN NICKEL?:tinysmile_hmm_t:

RWBILLER
02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Joe Joe Joe - what can i say?
You got any regular indian cents for trade or sell?
roger

kloccwork419
02-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I think you showed this one already Joe..I mean atleast show us something we havent seen before..hahahahaha...lolol..jk

1sgret
02-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I think you showed this one already Joe..I mean atleast show us something we havent seen before..hahahahaha...lolol..jk

If you saw this one you must have come to my bank and went thru my safety deposit box to see it. No I have never shown this coin on the Forum.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

fugnchill
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I like it Joe,

I've come across discolored nickels before but they have never been true wrong metal coins. Can I look through your safety deposit box :)...pretty please.

Lestrrr

1sgret
02-20-2009, 04:29 PM
I like it Joe,

I've come across discolored nickels before but they have never been true wrong metal coins. Can I look through your safety deposit box :)...pretty please.

Lestrrr

I came across a sintered nickel the other day and couldn't wait to get home and weigh it. It wasn't a nickel on one cent planchet.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

No Peeking in my deposit box as most of the coins dealing with Lincolns will eventually be posted here. :) Right now I think there are over 100 coins I have posted from my collection on the Forum. :) Joe

1sgret
02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
[quote=1sgret;20285]I came across a sintered nickel the other day and couldn't wait to get home and weigh it. It wasn't a nickel on one cent planchet.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

The one on the right is the one I found a sintered 1948-P Jefferson (AKA - Copper washed) the other day and I thought it might be a nickel on a 1 Cent planchet.
The other is a 2004 Keelboat which is Copper Washed and both were found in change.

jcuve
02-20-2009, 07:55 PM
that '73 Jefferson is just awesome!