PDA

View Full Version : 2007D Obverse Trails

grnwavdav
02-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey BJ and Bob, I got a new trail die for ya. It's a little spotty right where the trails are (:squigglemouth:of course:squigglemouth:). And in person the trails seem longer than what I could photograph. They look to be at 340 degrees.

trails
02-20-2009, 04:22 PM
That is definitely a new die and you hit the offset direction right on the head; it is 340 degrees.

For those of you who are wondering what the offset direction is, it is the direction that the trail line takes in degrees. It is a great tool for isolating which trail die you have for not all trail dies in a certain year will have the same offset direction. This also holds true for wavy steps which is a trail that travels through the Lincoln memorial building steps.

So, when you are attributing your trail die, one of the first steps should be to find the offset direction. You then can narrow your search to either 10 0r 20 degrees either side of the offset direction and find it faster. :)

If you can, will you send it in about two weeks. Thanks for thinking of us at traildies.com

BJ Neff

1sgret
02-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Nice find and I bet you had a heck of a time taking your nice photo of the trails.

grnwavdav
02-20-2009, 04:49 PM
BJ,
No problem, I'll wait a couple weeks to send it to you. I'll PM before I do.

Joe,
Do you have a hidden camera watching me? lol!

1sgret
02-20-2009, 04:57 PM
No Not yet! I know how much of a problem some of my closeups of my error coin details are really hard to photograph and your trails were pretty light.

If you get a chance on www.traildies.com (http://www.traildies.com) site look at the PROOF 1961 it belongs to me. But Thank Goodness BOB took the pictures.

That coin went to him to attribute as a possiable DDO and me not knowing the Trails were there. Bob Found them and surprised me with the results. No it was not a DDO either. But I was impressed with the Trails and the photos.