PDA

View Full Version : 1935s DDR (i believe)

dbrablec
04-29-2014, 04:48 AM
after posting yesterday - asking about when to post - for additional information, or when to "give up" here is my first of several that i will be posting. i believe this is listed a 1935S 1DR 001 at coppersoinc site. opinions and observations are appreciated.

thanks.

willbrooks
04-29-2014, 06:05 AM
An attribution for your coin is difficult with that set of photos. It looks like a class 6, but more of the motto would be helpful. I can't be sure I'm not just seeing wear. As for specifically being 1DO-001, marker confirmation would be needed since the doubling on class 6 doubled dies can be very similar in appearance. On your coin, the mint mark position looks close, but again the picture is insufficient to be certain.

jcuve
04-29-2014, 07:05 AM
I agree 100% with Will's assessment. Couldn't have said it better.

dbrablec
04-30-2014, 12:45 PM
i actually atributed this as a 1935S DDR-001, because there is only 1 listed at coppercoins site. in the descriptions - the comments are that there are no markers observed on the obverse or reverse, in any dies state. the images shown on coppercoins site are MDS.

thanks for your responses..

mrmike916
04-30-2014, 01:18 PM
i actually atributed this as a 1935S DDR-001, because there is only 1 listed at coppercoins site. in the descriptions - the comments are that there are no markers observed on the obverse or reverse, in any dies state. the images shown on coppercoins site are MDS.

thanks for your responses..

It seems all sites only have one DDR for the the date so 001 is very possible. Light to moderate doubling can be tough to attribute on a circulated coin. Like Will said, more of the motto would help( I like to look at E•PLU), and a close up of the date and mint mark so you can do an overlay.

jcuve
04-30-2014, 04:58 PM
It could just as easily be unlisted - but more pics of the motto would help. You would probably need to send it in to Bob Piazza or James Wiles if you want to say for sure which die number it is.