PDA

View Full Version : Image Linking

AlanT
05-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Just curious, but how come everybody uses a link to an image instead of uploading one where it's easily visible? Like this:

http://goldirarollover.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Sample-coin-from-forum.jpg

AlanT
05-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Oh, shoot, I guess it shows the image when creating the post, but then turns it into a url... sorry. Silly noob question anyways.

simonm
05-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh, shoot, I guess it shows the image when creating the post, but then turns it into a url... sorry. Silly noob question anyways.

It shows the image for me, have you made sure that your settings are correct? (Go to "edit options" under User CP, make sure that the box "show images" is checked.)

Peter
05-21-2014, 06:27 PM
I have moved these posts to a more appropriate section where members can better see it. Please use existing threads to discuss only the topic originally in that thread.

willbrooks
05-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Alan, I don't ever use a text link. The photo you used as your example above is mine and in that particular thread, I elected to insert the photo from a hosting site. (in this case, photobucket) When you do it this way, it shows the entire photo size in the post. However, when you upload photos directly from your computer, the software automatically puts them in a thumbnail form in the post, which I prefer because it takes us less space in the post. All it takes is one click to see the full-size image. One of the problems, which will soon be changed, is that once you have uploaded a photo to the forum, it won't let you do it a 2nd time. Even changing the name of the photo doesn't work for me, but others have said it does. Anyway, to answer your question as to why some photos are linked is because, for various reasons, some people seem to have problems getting the photos up depending on what devices they use. Some people say they can only do one at a time, while others are always sideways, and the list goes on and on. You have to learn your equipment and decide what is best for you. Good luck and welcome to the forum! We have an entire subforum on photography if you would like to peruse it. http://lincolncentresource.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33