PDA

View Full Version : What type of error is this?

Pat
01-11-2008, 01:14 PM
I wanted to say MDD first, but the shelf look is lacking.. It looks like it was ..hell I dunno..:sad:

Steven
01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Pat,
Machine damage in my opinion. Lets see what others have to say.

Steven

Pat
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Pat,
Machine damage in my opinion. Lets see what others have to say.

Steven

If I were to say I would say the die press was WAY to strong or the metal too weak.. If that's the case would that be something under "Machine Damage". Speaking of which is Machine Damage sort of the catch all phrase for anything unexplained from the Mint?

Shingpumps
01-11-2008, 03:54 PM
If I were to say I would say the die press was WAY to strong or the metal too weak.. If that's the case would that be something under "Machine Damage". Speaking of which is Machine Damage sort of the catch all phrase for anything unexplained from the Mint?
I agree. If you can't explain it, call it machine damage.

Steven
01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Pat,
I know I have seen this explained somewhere and have been looking since you first posted this. Still looking. Maybe someone will beat me to it though and give the explaination as to how it does occur. My first thought was a pressure issue but I am not for sure. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
Steven

Shingpumps
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Pat,
I know I have seen this explained somewhere and have been looking since you first posted this. Still looking. Maybe someone will beat me to it though and give the explaination as to how it does occur. My first thought was a pressure issue but I am not for sure. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
Steven
Pressure has to have somthing to do with it.

Steven
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Could even be die wear. (Abraided Die)

Just an added thought for this. Once a type of mechanical die damage is positively identified, it would be nice to have an on site reference to store an image with the explaination of the damage as a quick reference.

Shingpumps
01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Could even be die wear. (Abraided Die)

Just an added thought for this. Once a type of mechanical die damage is positively identified, it would be nice to have an on site reference to store an image with the explaination of the damage as a quick reference.
Great idea.

Pat
01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Pressure has to have somthing to do with it.

What is this 20 questions? LOL

Pat
01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Well I thought it was neat.. I bought a $25 box from the bank today.. Many searches to go.. lol.

Shingpumps
01-11-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm outta pennies already for the weekend. Guess it's time to clean the old search station.

Pat
01-11-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm outta pennies already for the weekend. Guess it's time to clean the old search station.

Yeah get some pics posted.. People.. I feel all alone in the post your search station pic area..:)

yellow1053
01-24-2008, 12:59 AM
I was going to mention Die deterioration. could that be it?

mikediamond
01-24-2008, 04:30 AM
It looks like a mixture of machine doubling and die deterioration doubling. In other words, you have both forms of doubling appearing on this coin.

Pat
01-24-2008, 05:58 AM
It looks like a mixture of machine doubling and die deterioration doubling. In other words, you have both forms of doubling appearing on this coin.

Great MDD and DDD.. I wish I could I find more DDO but for now it seems just RPMs are my friend..lol