PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Resource - New User Recommended Reading

Pat
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Just drop a quick note about yourself. You'll find this forum has experts to beginners. So don't ever be shy or feel like you shouldn't ask a question.

This is an open forum that embraces the Lincoln Cent Series, there are no dumb question. We provide an environment based around education and teaching and frown upon those who mock or single out those with less experience.

If this is your first day holding your first Lincoln cent that looks funny to you? Then there is a good chance your not seeing things.

If it's also your very first day wondering about collecting these little guys. Then you've stumbled upon an excellent place. But you need to ask yourself these questions before you go any further.
Would I be willing to accept my fingers will turn a dark and dirty greenish tint after a few hours?
Would I stand up to others and say, "No I won't clean that Coin".
Am I willing to deal with neck pain and microscope eyes after hours of searching?
Can I accept the fact I may be so hungry that I'd eat some potato chips---only to realize I've just handled 500 wheat cents.
Can I come up with a good excuse and spin it so the wife and kids don't get upset with Abe taking over all my free time?If you can answer those and come to some kind of rationalization with it, then welcome to the club.