PDA

View Full Version : [Example] 2005-D Lincoln Broadstruck to 5C Size

1sgret
03-01-2009, 07:53 AM
I went to another Flea Market Coin dealer yesterday in GA;

I found this 2005-D Lincoln Cent which has been Broadstruck to the size of a Jefferson Nickel.

I was somewhat taken aback by finding this one in a flea market as it is from the Denver Mint and struck on Schuler Presses.

I traded 4 2006-P DDO#6 for the coin.

kloccwork419
03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
What are these about worth?

Jonathan
03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
I went to another Flea Market Coin dealer yesterday in GA;

I found this 2005-D Lincoln Cent which has been Broadstruck to the size of a Jefferson Nickel.

I was somewhat taken aback by finding this one in a flea market as it is from the Denver Mint and struck on Schuler Presses.

I traded 4 2006-P DDO#6 for the coin.

That is a find! It looks like the whole left side of the coin is struck down a lot and the lower right side is punched down. Congrats.

1sgret
03-01-2009, 08:19 AM

Value is in the beholders eye. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

:)That's why I trade for what I want at the flea markets.

kloccwork419
03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
I just see them sold on eBay now and then but dont really know the value to be trying to bid.

1sgret
03-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I just see them sold on eBay now and then but dont really know the value to be trying to bid.

If you see a newer one with the "D" mintmark you can expect some competition on the bidding. ($15-$40 If it is in excellent condition)
"D" Mintmarks are scarce due to the excellent quality control at that mint.

Not trying to put you off on prices but if I want something for my collection I go after it :tinysmile_hmm_t: sometimes I don't bid enough and I am back to square one.:LOL_Hair:

Jonathan
03-01-2009, 08:51 AM

I think the more wacked the error is the more it will go for. Mainly because those are the least common "unique" ones.

grnwavdav
03-01-2009, 10:51 AM
If you see a newer one with the "D" mintmark you can expect some competition on the bidding. ($15-$40 If it is in excellent condition)
"D" Mintmarks are scarce due to the excellent quality control at that mint.

The quality control at Denver must be very high. It seems like the doubled dies from Philly are 10/1 of those from Denver. And just from my experiences in roll searching I have seen so many die clashes and extremely heavily polished die from Philly and practically none from Denver. And I live in an area where all the coins I get are from Denver. Very interesting.

Oh ya, nice coin Joe!

1sgret
03-01-2009, 10:53 AM
You are right Dave! It may be also the amount produced as I am not up on those numbers and do not want to take on another project. (LOL)

OCD
03-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Nice example Joe!! Good trade too.