PDA

View Full Version : And another new person pops out of the woodwork...

DKHeart
08-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi all,

I have been interested in coin collecting for a long while but other projects and life kept pulling me in different directions. But since my Grandson was born last month I started looking into coin collecting as a neat hobby I might be able to pass on to him when he gets older. Well I have to say I have been bitten hard by the Numismatics bug...:D

It is very difficult not to just jump in feet first and start buying up and collecting every coin in sight. But instead of driving myself into the poor house I figured it would be better to start small so I'm starting with a Circulated Pennies collection. Grabbed $20 worth of penny rolls from the bank and started picking through them. Also during this time I have done a lot of reading and I find out about Doubled Dies, Repunched Mint Marks, Over Mint Marks, RPD's, MPD's, and OVD's, Oh MY... I always have liked the odd ball, strange, NQR (Not Quite Right) items I have come across in the world so this really peaked my interest. I had to know more. So after several days googling I stumbled in and after lurking for a bit I think I have found the right place and people to help me learn about my new obsession.

So again, Hello and I look forward to talking with you all.

Dkheart...

jfines69
08-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the LCF... Great place to learn and lots of knowledgeable folks here... If you find it they can figure out what it is... http://www.lincolncentresource.com/ ... Check out the LCR... Lots of good info with pics there plus links to other really helpful sites!!!

enamel7
08-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Welcome aboard!

onecent1909
08-29-2014, 04:11 PM
HELLO! :D Nice to have you here

On the LCF home page ( look at the top of this page. click HOME on the black bar ) you can find ...
a Acronym list, Glossary/Definition list, Website link, a Publication list, and so much more..
poke around and ask questions...
ENJOY.

coinman2009
08-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Welcome, stick around, you"ll learn a lot! Enjoy!

Peter
08-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the Forum--enjoy!

JC Stevens
08-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Welcome to LCR

trails
08-30-2014, 11:18 AM
Hello and welcome to this great forum.

BJ Neff

WaterSport
09-08-2014, 08:35 PM