PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyione--New to Forum!!

STraugott
09-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Hi, My name is Steve Traugott. I've been collecting off and on since I was a child in the late 50's. I've always focused on Lincoln Cents with diversions in nickels, dimes quarters and halves. All of the silver is gone and I'm left with cents and nickels. I have a complete IHC which is 80% BU and a complete Lincoln set in BU except for the 1914D. I actually just purchase a BU one on eBay last weekend but it's gone back to the seller. Just one problem with the coin, it was cleaned and not gently.

Anyway, I've been doing errors, mainly double dies for 10 years or so. I was rather active on the COPPERCOINS forum, until they ended it. I also submitted perhaps 30 coins or so and ended up 20 or so plate coins on COPPECOINS.com. I just retired from the US Post Office and I'm also retired from the US Navy as s Chief Petty Officer and I finally now have the time to go thru all of my accumulations of rolls. For instance, I went thru two rolls of 1951 D's last week and found 4 different RPM's in BU plus OMM#1 in AU. I'm also a seller and buyer on eBay since 2001. I've been a seller of mainly sets of Lincolns and Jeffersons from BU rolls. In the last couple of months I've been starting to sell my accumulation of errors on eBay, as per my wife's orders. Little does she realize that as go thru my rolls, I just keep finding more errors. One thing that I'm finding out about the errors I'm listing on eBay, as I go thru coins to attribute them, I'm finding some very interesting errors that just don't fit like they should with CONECA, COPPERCOINS.com or the CPG. I was looking at my 1984 D FS101 and it has an obvious RPM that's not listed anywhere but if you look at the CPG--there it is in the picture!

Finally, I had rather good luck finding the 1946-S IMM. Jason actually helped with the attribution of my first coin when I was selling it on eBay (a cleaned AU coin). Right now I have 7 in BU including 3 that just came out of a half roll 1946-S's. All coins in the roll except two were ball serfs and three were inverted!!! I've included the two of the coins (the second one has a curved die scratch above the MM) plus the last one is my EDS example with strong die scratches. Steve

Peter
09-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have you on board.

Roller
09-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your posts.

jfines69
09-19-2014, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the forum... Nice looking coins... So much for being a chief... The wife is always the admiral :LOL_Hair:!!!

Maineman750
09-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Sounds like you'll make a great addition to our family....welcome to the LCF !

GrumpyEd
09-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Welcome, nice to see the old Coppercoins posters coming here : )

JC Stevens
09-20-2014, 07:42 AM
Welcome to LCF

mustbebob
09-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey Steve....It has been a long time. It is real nice seeing you here. You will fit in perfectly.

enamel7
09-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Welcome aboard!

WaterSport
09-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Sounds like you are doing well with your collecting efforts! Welcome!

WS