PDA

View Full Version : 1952D Misplaced D

kloccwork419
03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Very nice example of this 1952-D 1MM-015 with the D misplaced at the lower bust.
CONECA: RPM-015
Crawford:UNKNOWN
Wexler: WRPM-016
FS#:UNLISTED

Steven
03-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Purty coin
I'm still looking for one:sad:

kloccwork419
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
I actually got it for free after talking coins with a new friend of mine thats been in the business for 50yrs. His name is Frank Muir. You might of seen some slabs with his name on it before. "The Muir Collection". It was fun talking with him and him showing me LOTS of rare items that he has multiples of!!

Jonathan
03-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow! Nice coin. I wish i new that guy! :LOL_Hair::LOL_Hair::LOL_Hair:

fugnchill
03-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi Kloccwork,

I'm very familiar with Mr. Muir (I think I bought one of his coins from Heritage). Where did you meet him? That would be so great to sit down and B.S. coins with an advanced collector like him. Beautiful coin also...Congrats!

Lestrrr

kloccwork419
03-05-2009, 02:47 PM
He just opened a shp right by my house..It will be my new spot to talk coins and be speechless on his collection!!..Hes a real cool guy..He lived here forever. He told me the story on how ANACS started putting his name on slabs and now I think he said they all will. Hes trying to put a website together also that looks like it needs a litle help as of right now. He just seemed really excited that anyone was there to BS with him.

fugnchill
03-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe you should invite him here to the LCR! I'm sure we all would LOVE to see his collection and talk with him....Maybe Joe would actually have some worthy competition (No disrespect to anyone).

Lestrrr

JeanK
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
That is one purdy coin Jason.
I got one that is a very nice circulated chocolate brown if you want to trade
straight across.. :)
Jean

mustbebob
03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't know if CONECA recognizes the anomaly under the bust as another 'D'. I believe they call it a gouge. They say that the anomaly wears away when the coin gets to VLDS. Technically...just about everything wears away in VLDS. Anyway, I like the coin. Congrats!

kloccwork419
03-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Maybe you should invite him here to the LCR! I'm sure we all would LOVE to see his collection and talk with him....Maybe Joe would actually have some worthy competition (No disrespect to anyone).

Lestrrr

Ill have to do that Lestrr...He knew about Coppercoins already atleast. I felt like a higher up when I said I was friends with Bob..lolol:LOL_Hair: