PDA

View Full Version : VDB DDO-002 ...#2!

mrmike916
02-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Wasn't to sure of this one's condition was original when I cherried it($34). I'm a bit more confident it is now I have it in hand. I don't think it's plated, but not well educated on recoloring. Two things I know for sure, it is DDO-002, and the fingerprint on the rev is all original!:LOL_Hair:

jfines69
02-07-2015, 03:31 PM
That's not a DDR also is it??? The west side of the left wheat ear looks strange and the dots in EPU look elongated... This could be from die wear as I do see a ridge ring developing... It does not look as if someone has plated it... I would have thought it would be more brown after 106 years tho... Maybe it was professionally conserved???

cranky
02-07-2015, 09:00 PM
That's not a DDR also is it??? The west side of the left wheat ear looks strange and the dots in EPU look elongated... This could be from die wear as I do see a ridge ring developing... It does not look as if someone has plated it... I would have thought it would be more brown after 106 years tho... Maybe it was professionally conserved???

Jim it is a DDO-002 as he stated I would agree with mrmike on this except not on coloring this would have to be debated some I would guess it was just well preserved.
Nice score on this catch. I jumped on a cheap XF-002 today but I know for sure when in hand. Long live the King.

jfines69
02-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Thanks Cranky... I appreciate the input!!!

lineop3
02-08-2015, 05:31 AM
I believe this to be DDO #2 also, and the plating looks brilliant to me...outstanding purchase mrmike!

Aisha

mrmike916
02-08-2015, 09:19 AM

Thanks Jim, conservation never crossed my mind, even though I practice it often! What you see very well might be die det. On my pics, Ther is always a chance of some distortion from my camera phone, if the loupe I used wasn't sitting flush with the phone.