PDA

View Full Version : new to the site

buckslayer
03-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Hey everybody,

Im new to the site and fairly new to coin collecting. I started with and concentrate on lincoln pennys. I have been collecting for about a year and think I have some good finds already! I hope this site can help to expand my knowledge and help me wheen out the good from the bad.

thanks,

buckslayer

1sgret
03-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Welcome to the LCR Forum and enjoy it.

nightowl
03-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Ask away and post pics.

buckslayer
03-11-2009, 06:34 AM
Whats the best way to get pics of my finds, good, bad, or questionable? Im new to all of this! can i get a pic through a magnifier? do i need a special camera?

nightowl
03-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Here try this post.http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=762 I myself havent figured the art of taking coin pics.

kloccwork419
03-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Welcome. I see you already posted a pic of something so Im going to check out the coin!!!

Steven
03-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Welcome to LCR...

OCD
03-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Jonathan
03-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Whats the best way to get pics of my finds, good, bad, or questionable? Im new to all of this! can i get a pic through a magnifier? do i need a special camera?

First of all i welcome you to the forum. Second: I have a good camera called the S3 Canon. It's nice because of not only does it have Macro zooming but also has a special function called Super Macro. Super Macro you can almost touch the coin while it focuses in on it. I havn't mastered taking the photo's of the coins either because you need to not get your shadow on the coin.....but i found out that if you almost touching the coin with the flash up, the picture will turn out good. I've taken some that have turned out well enough by doing that. (The coin won't be very bright because you have it so close that there is not enough light to get through to make it bright. ;) ) Hope this helps you out, Jonathan

fugnchill
03-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Buckslayer,

Love the name you got there. I'm a hunter also...but I think a more accurate name for me would be Bucksearcher:sad:. Welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to your finds. There have been a couple threads about taking pictures and there's some websites available also.

Welcome,
Lestrrr

buckslayer
03-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks all for all the tips. I like that homemade camera stand, seems to fit my budget, lol. I hope i can get some good pics with all that advice!

fugnchill
03-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Just a quick note about photographing coins. I would not recommend getting extremely close to the coin and using the flash. It shadows out the coin and/or flashes out the coin. Secondary lighting is almost a must. Good Luck.