PDA

View Full Version : 1971 S Attribution Needed

dinkyblue
05-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Here is a 1971 S I'm not sure if it is a mint error or not, as it has some machine doubling as you can see. Question is: is it? or is it not? A little pro-help would help. Ho-Ho - a play on words. Thanks....................Dan

GrumpyEd
05-23-2015, 11:26 PM
I think it's not.

It helps if you point out exactly what you were looking at.
I see something on the top of the 1 and something west of the top curve of the S but I think it's not anything relating to being a variety.

dinkyblue
05-23-2015, 11:54 PM
I was looking at the top left of the S mint mark for a possible RPM. I'm not that experienced that I can tell whether or not it is an RPM, all I can do is look at similar ones and compare. I have amassed a lot of coins that I don't know really what they are if the are anything at all. Only been doing this for a short while. Doctor told me a year ago after open heart surgery, not to lift anything over 10 lbs, while healing up. That's how it all started. I have coins that might be something, and some that are most likely not worth anything. I find this site very helpful. I'm also a vet. I thank you for any information that I get................Dan

jfines69
05-24-2015, 04:37 AM
I was looking at the top left of the S mint mark for a possible RPM. I'm not that experienced that I can tell whether or not it is an RPM, all I can do is look at similar ones and compare. I have amassed a lot of coins that I don't know really what they are if the are anything at all. Only been doing this for a short while. Doctor told me a year ago after open heart surgery, not to lift anything over 10 lbs, while healing up. That's how it all started. I have coins that might be something, and some that are most likely not worth anything. I find this site very helpful. I'm also a vet. I thank you for any information that I get................Dan
Don't lift any bricks of coins :LOL_Hair: It looks like MD to me!!!