PDA

View Full Version : 1968D Clash/Dropped Letters or Bag Ding???

jfines69
05-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Found this last nite roll searching... The "US" of TRUST show on the SW of the bust... I do not believe it is a clash (Really deep incuse) and no other signs of any other clashing... I do not believe they are a squeeze job because there is no other damage besides the hit between "LI" of LIBERTY, They could be dropped letters but they are to well aligned in my opinion which leaves a bag ding??? Hope the pics are ok... 7th pic is an overlay!!!

willbrooks
05-31-2015, 03:09 PM
Being that they are mirrored and incuse, that is a pretty strong indication that they were impacted or pressed here from another coin. I seriously doubt you can have 2 dropped letters fall out at the same time and land in the exact same orientation as they were on the die. No way. Also a clash wouldn't show obverse devices on the obverse, and a counterclash wouldn't be mirrored. I think it is just a good ole "squeeze job," or whatever you wanna call it, whether accidental or not.

jfines69
05-31-2015, 03:11 PM
That is why I am leaning toward bag ding!!!

Roller
05-31-2015, 03:22 PM
Helllloooo Jim. You appear to have two different coins on display here. One looks like a rotated die cap strike. i.e. my avatar.

willbrooks
05-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Helllloooo Jim. You appear to have two different coins on display here. One looks like a rotated die cap strike. i.e. my avatar.

Hellloooo Roller. He said in his post that picture was an overlay. lol.:crossedlips:

Roller
05-31-2015, 04:03 PM
:sign10:Pays to read or just ignore.

jfines69
06-01-2015, 04:19 AM
:sign10: A rotated die cap would be cool... If it pays to read then maybe I should start doing that also :LOL_Hair: