PDA

View Full Version : So I'm back...

coppercoins
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
I had a membership here at one time a few months back, posted a couple of times, got busy, then forgot my password and couldn't get back in.

I moved a couple of months ago cross country to better suit my being able to work on the things that matter most to me, and have decided to renew my dedication to helping the people here who ask for it.

So, an introduction:

My name is Charles D. Daughtrey, but most people just call me 'Chuck'....and that works fine, I've learned to answer to that over the years. I am the owner and co-author of http://www.coppercoins.com - some of you probably know about my site.

I've studied the Lincoln cent as my specialty in numismatics since 1984, but have been a collector since 1975. Over the past ten years my presence in numismatics on the internet and in the market have come a long way; enough that some consider me an expert in the field.

I am also an artist. I have a series of drawings of the designers of US coins that I continue to add to over time. You may view the series thus far at another of my sites http://www.cdaughtrey.com - my current under-way work is of Hermon MacNeil, the designer of the Standing Liberty quarter. I am also doing another piece for Whitman to publish of Mint Director James Ross Snowden. Whitman books has published close to a half dozen of my portraits.

I have also opened a business doing numismatic photography. Although still in its infancy so far as advertising, web presence, and general 'exposure', I have become very successful doing work for a number of different clients. The website for this venture, although rather simple and in need of rework, is at http://www.numisphoto.com

So that's it. I hope I can get to know the crowd here and be of help in this hobby we all love. Thanks!

fugnchill
03-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Mr. Daughtrey...Chuck,

It's a pleasure to meet you and I'm very familiar with your work. I'm going to head over to your art work to admire that when I'm done typing this. Thank you for everything that you've done and are doing for the hobby, I know I appreciate it.

Lestrrr

OCD
03-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the forum Chuck.

coppercoins
03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Hmmm...I guess at times I type too fast for the server...I was actually told when I tried to post a reply that I had to wait a while! LOL!

I do appreciate the responses, and plan to make this yet another of my online homes.

fugnchill
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I just looked at your drawings and all I can say is "Simply Amazing". Beautiful work! You truly are a talented person. I do have to say that you are younger than I figured. Hope you don't mind me saying that, I just assumed with your knowledge in numismatics that you would be older. Ok, enough about that.

By the way, does anyone else see alot of similarities between Victor D. Brenner and Abraham Lincoln?

Lestrrr

trails
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey Chuck - Happy to see you on this hunting ground. Its a fine place.

BJ

nightowl
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Glad your back. Welcome.

jazzcoins
03-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Welcome coppercoins
Jazzcoins Jazec

RWBILLER
03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
welcome back
roger

1sgret
03-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Welcome Back Chuck and hope you had a safe move and hope you are all settled in.

Daggit
03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Welcome back Chuck!

Brad
03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
We are glad to have you Chuck. Coppercoins.com is mentioned on this site daily. You and Bob have done so much for the hobby.

JeanK
03-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Indeed, welcome back Chuck.
Your book, Looking Through Lincoln Cents, the Red Book of Coins, and Photograde, were the first three reference books I purchased when I began collecting.
Thank You!
Jean

AgCollector
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
We are glad to have you Chuck. Coppercoins.com is mentioned on this site daily. You and Bob have done so much for the hobby.

Absolutely true. And I'm glad you have a little more free time now to spend it here! I've always appreciated your frank discussions in the variety section of the coincommunity forum.

jupiterkm1
03-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Welcome Chuck! Very glad to have you here in person! Between LCR and your CC website, my coin knowledge and enthusiasm for coin collecting has expanded to another plane, and I have ALOT more learning ahead of me. Didn't know what I didn't know until now. Thanks for joining us. I think you can take some pressure off Bob in answering all those CC attribition questions we throw at him!!!

Kevin

fugnchill
03-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Quote: "Didn't know what I didn't know until now"....Huh?

Sorry, I just found it very funny. I don't mean to pick on you.

jupiterkm1
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I guess that does sound funny! I mangled an old philosophical axiom. Without having the direct quote, 'learning begins when one understands what they don't know'?

grnwavdav
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice to meet you Chuck! I wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't for coppercoins. Thank you so much for your contributions to this wonderfully addicting world of Lincoln varieties. Great art by the way!! I love the one of Weinman. And Brenner's portrait is superb as well! I especially like how you use the same font from the reverse of the Wheat back cent for Brenner's name.

laytonre
03-12-2009, 06:15 AM
chuck welcome back...yes i must also say thank you for the cc site. i have learned more in the past year from the cc and lrc site..richard

coppercoins
03-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Thank you all again for the welcomes. I hadn't realized that my site had become such a household name. I just built it for myself and whomever else decided to use it.

Speaking of the site, I am working on a new version to be released in June and July that will be far better than the current version. I am excited about it!

legend
03-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Tactful conversational style is so short nowadays, it is refreshing to get good coin information.

coppercoins
03-15-2009, 11:17 AM
umm...thanks...I think. ;)

CCC
03-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Chuck,

Legend is referring to having different expertise comment's to help understand the hobby.

coppercoins
03-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Ahh...okay, then. Thanks!

car10
03-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Welcome back Chuck.