PDA

View Full Version : Bob and BJ

kloccwork419
09-11-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm trying to attribute some coins and got to Coppercoins: 2012 1DO-006. It matches the markers and also I noticed the trails. Coppercoins says the trails are too minor to list on Traildies. I noticed dual trails on my coin that is 1DO-006. I went over to Traildies and found my trails as 2012P-1DEO-021T with dual direction and noticed on the LIBERTY pic that its a DDO, confident its 1DO-006. I can get the pics of my DDO but trails are always tough. I can try if it will help or just send it to one of you to verify. I'm guessing maybe the other trails were missed by Coppercoins or Traildies missed the DDO.

jcuve
09-12-2015, 03:02 AM
I'll chime in since I'm here. It could be as you noted the trails in the motto were missed. If the light isn't right, it can happen. It could also be two similar dies - I have seen that as well. It's one of those things where the two coins may need to be on the scope together and you go back and forth looking for markers to associate or disassociate them. I'm not sure if Bob or BJ has either example on hand or not though...

Can you post a series of pics of what you are seeing?

mustbebob
09-12-2015, 09:14 AM
I would like to see what you are talking about also. If I mentioned the trails were too minor to list on coppercoins, I may have meant trails in the motto as well. Will wait on your photos.

kloccwork419
09-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Ill try to get some pics of trails. , they are always difficult. The marker on the shield matches my coin and that on CC. Ill see what I can do.

Thanks guys

willy13
09-12-2015, 12:59 PM
I found an example of 2012p 1do-006 a couple years ago, and at that time did not notice the trails coming off the "E" in "WE". I just went back and looked at it and sure enough the trails are indeed there, just faint. At the time of finding the coin I had only noticed the trails coming off the "Y" in "LIBERTY".

kloccwork419
09-12-2015, 01:19 PM
They are dual trails on mine. Very noticeable on WE TRUST. Off the T is real strong in both directions..I'll post the pics soon

kloccwork419
09-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Just a couple quick pics of the trails(VERY hard to capture trails) and a very nice one of the DDO. I think it would of been faster to send it to Jason..lol

jfines69
09-13-2015, 04:30 AM
Yours pics came out really good... Easy to see the trails and the DDO!!!

kloccwork419
09-13-2015, 05:45 AM
Thanks Jim. Yes but like Jason and Bob said it could just be VERY similar and be a totally different die altogether. I just found the chip on the shield marker from CC to match 1DO-006 but then noticed all them trails. When I look on traildies I found the die but even on the site pics it looks to be a DDO. But you never know:squigglemouth: