PDA

View Full Version : Photo Opinions needed

duece2seven
11-08-2015, 07:48 AM
This will be my first Ebay listing. Are these pics clear enough guys? The slab is scratched up pretty good
and the coin is uber grainy but I thought they came out OK. Whatcha think? Many thanks for looking!

Tracy

ray_parkhurst
11-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Not bad but could be improved with a little bit of post processing. Use the eydropper on the slab to improve white balance, and raise the black level a bit to improve contrast. You can raise black level to 16 on the obverse and 32 on the reverse and the contrast will look a lot better.

duece2seven
11-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Not bad but could be improved with a little bit of post processing. Use the eydropper on the slab to improve white balance, and raise the black level a bit to improve contrast. You can raise black level to 16 on the obverse and 32 on the reverse and the contrast will look a lot better.

My brain is so fried from setting up my Ebay seller account info I completely forgot about Helicon touch-ups, Ray! Thanks!
For the record, it is unbelievable how long it's taking me to my first little coin on the "Bay....:(.

JC Stevens
11-08-2015, 09:12 AM
E-Bay set up works best with a glass of Eggnog :tinysmile_hmm_t:

duece2seven
11-08-2015, 09:29 AM

I'm gonna need an IV of it the way this is going! :tongue:

ray_parkhurst
11-08-2015, 10:32 AM
I was thinking of DPP, the editing program for Canon, but I don't remember if you have Canon or Nikon or ?? Most any good editor will allow you to change the color balance and black levels...Ray

My brain is so fried from setting up my Ebay seller account info I completely forgot about Helicon touch-ups, Ray! Thanks!
For the record, it is unbelievable how long it's taking me to my first little coin on the "Bay....:(.

kloccwork419
11-08-2015, 10:57 AM

I have a glass of morgan but whatever works..lol... Need any help Tracy just pm me. I'm always selling on ebay. For your first one, the pic isn't too bad. I gave up all trying and just got a setup from Ray. I'm sure hes sick of my PMs but he always responds with answers, very helpful. Now I'm kinda hooked on perfecting it and will probably be buying another lens and fabbing up a taller stand..GOOD LUCK

duece2seven
11-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I have a glass of morgan but whatever works..lol... Need any help Tracy just pm me. I'm always selling on ebay. For your first one, the pic isn't too bad. I gave up all trying and just got a setup from Ray. I'm sure hes sick of my PMs but he always responds with answers, very helpful. Now I'm kinda hooked on perfecting it and will probably be buying another lens and fabbing up a taller stand..GOOD LUCK

I'm a Patron man when things get serious, lol! Thanks for your help offering as I may definitely need it.

As far as Ray goes, his photo prowess is addictive! Before you know it you're hooked on photography as much as coins! My current eBay goal is to sell enough coins to buy one of his camera setups. Good pics sell coins. Thanks again Bro!

jfines69
11-09-2015, 04:18 AM
The pics look excellent to me!!!