PDA

View Full Version : Toned Lincoln Cents

VAB2013
11-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Is it okay to use acetone on toned Lincoln Cents? I have a few that are in great condition and are beautifully toned and I would like to preserve them. They don't need cleaning, per se, but I want them to be clean before I store them in flips so fingerprints won't leave spots.

jfines69
11-29-2015, 02:25 PM
If the tone comes off they were colored with crayon :LOL_Hair: You will be safe... Can you post some pics???

VAB2013
11-29-2015, 02:34 PM
LOL Jim, it's good to hear from you buddy and thanks for making me laugh! I have been suffering from WRSS (work related stress syndrome) lately. I have been saving these for when I have a good camera so I can take a full coin shot. They range from fire red, blue, green and rainbow. I'll take a quick pic of the 59D, just a sec...

Roller
11-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Unless they have removable crud on them, leave them alone and save as they are. That's what I do. I think the toning will continue with time,

VAB2013
11-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Guys, here is the 1959D I found just the other day. Roller, it has some removable crud so I think I will soak it in acetone for awhile before I store it. Otherwise, it's in pretty nice shape. I can't take a full shot, my hand cramped while I was trying to hold it still at a distance to get the face shot LOL My photos are true to color but my photos don't do it justice. I will be getting a set up from Ray soon :)

jfines69
11-30-2015, 04:29 AM
That is a pretty coin... I am saving up for a camera set up from Ray also... I have not been able to get use able pics for die cracks with my camera or scope... Of course then for me it is normally operator error :LOL_Hair: