PDA

View Full Version : ANACS submiss in Prions/results

Roller
12-04-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm confused. Submitted 5 coins for grading/attribution. Return response (shipping in progress) 1988D-RDV-006, MS 63; 1988P-RDV-006, MS 65; 1980P-1DO-001, MS 63; 2011P-WDDR-001, MS 65; and 2011P-WDDO-002, came back as 2011P, MS 66 with no variety designation. Now, this is on their notice of shipping. I have not seen the actual items. Does anyone know why they would not designate the variety? The submission was clearly marked.

DCW
12-04-2015, 04:36 PM
It's probably designated as the variety, and they left it off the invoice. Seen it before

trails
12-04-2015, 05:04 PM
As far as I am concerned ICG is the company to grade and encapsulate errors and varieties.

BJ

1jackel1
12-04-2015, 06:58 PM
I have to agree with BJ on this because ICG has the best holders on the market and probably one of the toughest on proof coins that I ever seen and very fair with errors and doubled die grades as well, just because they are not the top company out there does not mean there coins are worth less, they are as good or better then some of top companies.

In the long run I belive this company will only catch on with others in the hobby and the values will surely raise in price on there coins.

George

mikediamond
12-05-2015, 07:31 AM
Prions? Does someone involved have Mad Cow Disease?

Roller
12-05-2015, 08:03 AM
Prions? Does someone involved have Mad Cow Disease?
Just hit the wrong key. It was to say "priors", that is, preliminary report. Not ruling out some kind of disease though. Most every one here exhibits evidence of some disorder.

DCW
12-05-2015, 08:56 AM
ICG may be a good company and all, but if you are ever interested in selling your coins, it is fairly obvious in the marketplace that they are not a respected TPG, probably ranking behind PCGS, NGC, ANACS in a distant 4th place. I liked the old SEGS holders the best of all, but when it comes time to sell it is almost like the coins are still considered "raw."
I don't even use anacs anymore, as I see no potential upside slabbing outside of PCGS or NGC.
But, as they say, " to each, his own."

1jackel1
12-05-2015, 09:29 AM
ICG may be a good company and all, but if you are ever interested in selling your coins, it is fairly obvious in the marketplace that they are not a respected TPG, probably ranking behind PCGS, NGC, ANACS in a distant 4th place. I liked the old SEGS holders the best of all, but when it comes time to sell it is almost like the coins are still considered "raw."
I don't even use anacs anymore, as I see no potential upside slabbing outside of PCGS or NGC.
But, as they say, " to each, his own."

Dennis.
this is because the big shots in the business are not giving these guys the chance, just take a look at the quality of grade on there coins versus other top TPG companies and you can clearly see the difference, not all there coins are correct in grade but closer then most of the companies out there this comes down to old fashion top brand versus generic brand, well in my opinion ICG is not generic and has the same quality as PCGS and NGC and ANACS. I never did belive the prices for pcgs coins are right, just pushed up by higher interested investers in pcgs coins.

Just my opinion
George

Peter
12-05-2015, 11:36 AM
I have had PCGS submissions listed as normal in my account but when sent have the proper variety designations I asked for on the holders. I am hoping this is the same for you now with ANACS but you always have the recourse of calling and sending back if they did it incorrectly. It has not happened to me with an ANACS submission. There are cases where a TPG will say it is not the variety you thought it was and send it back un-attributed but I highly doubt this would be in your case George, given your knowledge and care in making a submission.

It is off topic in this thread to start talking about the merits of different TPG services and I'm sure we all have very strong opinions on each of them. I'm willing to share mine in a new thread as long as it doesn't turn into a total bashing festival!

BadThad
12-05-2015, 01:32 PM
I really like how IGC grades Lincolns, they do a GREAT job IMO.

Roller
12-07-2015, 08:31 AM
The coins arrived today and to my relief, the 2014-WDDO-002 is properly identified on the holder. All is well.

WaterSport
12-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Not sure if they improved lately, but Proofs were nearly always over graded. Other than that I have no problem buying a ICG coin.

WS

GrumpyEd
12-19-2015, 05:48 AM
I've seen coins with variety mistakes and funky colors that look cleaned in every holder, bottom line is buy the coin not the holder.

Never put much stress over what you see listed online before you get the coin, they (most TPGs) often turn out correct on the slab but wrong online before you get it in the mail.