PDA

View Full Version : Unable to view a members' photos

Historyhound
04-18-2016, 05:56 PM
I have not been able to view photos posted by jay420472000, and I am curious as to why, out of all posters, these are the only pics I can't view?

Maineman750
04-19-2016, 06:19 AM
I can see them just fine. Did you get any particular message ? Have you tried to right click , then select "view image" or "image info" ?
His images look to be normal JPEG files.

JC Stevens
04-19-2016, 07:25 AM
That makes two of us!! But I was told by "jfines69" it was because I had my eyes closed :LOL_Hair:... I pried them open and I still can't see them.

FYI I'm using Winders 7 and IE 11.

Maineman750
04-19-2016, 08:58 AM
After doing some research, I'm pretty sure it is a setting on your end having to do with viewing thumbnails...you'll probably have to do a Google on "cannot view thumbnails with (your OS)" to find a solution

JC Stevens
04-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Found this
"Displaying thumbnails in Windows Explorer will require that Windows Photo Viewer is set as the default program (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2630-default-programs-set-programs-default-associations.html) with all of it's default associations (except .gif files) set with it as well.'

My default viewer is IrfanView. What is your Historyhound?

That didn't work! Changed the associated file type. That didn't work!

They tell me teen age children cause Gray Hair, but I think it's computers :LOL_Hair:

Scott
04-19-2016, 01:35 PM
If that was the Prob he would'nt be able to see any pics would he ? I am having the same prob . Little square boxs with an x in the upper corner where the pics should be . Its only a small percentage of the posts so I just move on and forget that thread. Scott

jfines69
04-19-2016, 02:15 PM
If I remember correctly it is Jays pics that I can not view in a separate tab... When I click the pics I get my download screen to save the jpg... That is most likely from Jays end but I am not sure??? When I have problems with other pics it is normally on my end and requires me to reload the thread and sometimes to reboot my computer!!!

jfines69
04-19-2016, 02:16 PM
That makes two of us!! But I was told by "jfines69" it was because I had my eyes closed :LOL_Hair:... I pried them open and I still can't see them.

FYI I'm using Winders 7 and IE 11.
I didn't want to interrupt your nap :LOL_Hair:

jfines69
04-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Found this
"Displaying thumbnails in Windows Explorer will require that Windows Photo Viewer is set as the default program (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2630-default-programs-set-programs-default-associations.html) with all of it's default associations (except .gif files) set with it as well.'

My default viewer is IrfanView. What is your Historyhound?

That didn't work! Changed the associated file type. That didn't work!

They tell me teen age children cause Gray Hair, but I think it's computers :LOL_Hair:
It's both :LOL_Hair:

WxMan
04-19-2016, 03:25 PM
I never did have any luck with IE. I use Google Chrome for a browser. I think it works much better.