PDA

View Full Version : Deflated Devices

joel
04-28-2016, 03:14 PM
I have looked at a lot of Lincolns over the past 2 years, but I haven't seen one like this before. The devices are almost all have a sunken or deflated look. I appreciate your help in explaining what caused this. Thanks for looking.

enamel7
04-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Dryer coin. The constant tumbling mashes the devices down.

jcuve
04-28-2016, 04:39 PM
I am thinking there was (and still probably is) an underlying area of zinc corrosion, probably from some environmental damage, that gave way to some pressure applied to the top of the coin along its journey through circulation. Whatever it is, I see it as post strike damage. Cool looking though.

joel
04-28-2016, 04:58 PM
I am thinking there was (and still probably is) an underlying area of zinc corrosion, probably from some environmental damage, that gave way to some pressure applied to the top of the coin along its journey through circulation. Whatever it is, I see it as post strike damage. Cool looking though.
I think your thoughts give an explanation for why the coin was only damaged on the obverse. Thanks!!

willbrooks
04-28-2016, 07:22 PM
Deflated Devices?

This coin must have belonged to Tom Brady.

jfines69
04-29-2016, 04:27 AM
Deflated Devices?

This coin must have belonged to Tom Brady.
:sign10: Only for a short time!!!

jfines69
04-29-2016, 04:30 AM
That is cool looking... I totally agree with Jason... I can see some split plating around the devices... Probably were the zinc leashed out... I also noticed that IGWT has not complete deflated yet (Toward the rim)... I would keep the coin in a holder as a sample and hopefully prevent further deflate gate :LOL_Hair: er deflation of the devices!!!