PDA

View Full Version : 1943 RPM 2

jcuve
05-17-2016, 04:54 PM
1943D RPM-002
WRPM-004
1MM-002

EDS D/D southwest
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/jcuve/1943D%20RPM-002-W004SW_zpstfo0lzca.jpg~original

stoneman227
05-18-2016, 03:35 AM
Very nice ! For some reason the 43 rpm's have eluded me.

John

duece2seven
05-18-2016, 03:57 AM
Very nice ! For some reason the 43 rpm's have eluded me.

John

Ditto both points, John! I have probably 50 ddo's and ddr's but I don't recall a single rpm. Nice, Jason!

jfines69
05-18-2016, 04:44 AM
Nice find Jason... A couple questions - Is that a trench along the vest??? I can't tell... One look and it appears to be then the next it appears raised... If it is a trench it appears to be worn/abraded when compared to Copper Coins... Also yours has abrasions running NE - SW that I do not see on Copper Coins (Could be your photos are of a much higher quality than CCs)... If those are abrasions on yours, would that make yours a LEDS or EMDS??? I am trying to refine my identification of die states and your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

jcuve
05-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Nice find Jason... A couple questions - Is that a trench along the vest??? I can't tell... One look and it appears to be then the next it appears raised... If it is a trench it appears to be worn/abraded when compared to Copper Coins... Also yours has abrasions running NE - SW that I do not see on Copper Coins (Could be your photos are of a much higher quality than CCs)... If those are abrasions on yours, would that make yours a LEDS or EMDS??? I am trying to refine my identification of die states and your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The Mint seems to have trenched the perimeter of Lincoln on the working hubs on wheats. I forget the exact dates, something like late '30s into the mid '40s. Earlier die state coins will show the trenching - that's what you are seeing at the vest.

I would say they are both EDS, this example might be VEDS - but I would attribute the clearer die scratches here from the lighting - I see them on the CC example...

jfines69
05-19-2016, 04:16 AM
The Mint seems to have trenched the perimeter of Lincoln on the working hubs on wheats. I forget the exact dates, something like late '30s into the mid '40s. Earlier die state coins will show the trenching - that's what you are seeing at the vest.

I would say they are both EDS, this example might be VEDS - but I would attribute the clearer die scratches here from the lighting - I see them on the CC example...
Ok... Thanks Jason... I appreciate the feed back!!!

joel
05-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Very nice looking RPM and your pics are special again!!