PDA

View Full Version : 1943 D DDO + RPM

STraugott
05-24-2016, 06:07 PM
This DDO is another eyelid south plus light extra thickness on the date, LIBERTY and IGWT. Perhaps the most notable object is the very strong D/D RPM to the south with upper serif seen a third of the way down the leg of the primary mintmark. The leg of the secondary mintmark is also seen protruding well below the leg of the primary mintmark. Steve

eaxtellcoin
05-24-2016, 06:22 PM
I do not have a good answer for you sorry. I thought maybe RPM#10 but your mintmark position is to far East under the 4 of the date. Also the picture really is so bright I cannot tell any detail in the mintmark photo's. Can you reduce the glare from the lighting and give us another pic?
Thanks, Eric

STraugott
05-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Just added another MM pic. Doesn't much and now what thought might have been a leg below the MM now just looks like flow lines. Steve

eaxtellcoin
05-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Steve - That is a coin that really there is not enough to prove/dis prove. If the coin was mine and it was not burning a hole in my pocket I would put it in a box with other similar stuff and wait to see if one of the attributers lists something close. That is just me though.

I have an RPM in my collection that I just re-evaluated. I sent the coin to an attributer in 2009. Came back "Minor" Just recently it showed up in his files for another person. Doesn't bother me about sending it in the past. Just so the coin got listed and I have one!