PDA

View Full Version : 1968-S Help

kloccwork419
04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
I have this Lincoln inside the Mint Proof set still and its always bugged me about this odd looking doubling. Is it a DDO? Its mostly on LIBERTY but you can see other stuff on the rest:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

coppercoins
04-01-2009, 09:53 AM
You would get better response if you kept your questions about doubling to the varieties section. Doubled dies are not classified as errors, thus a lot of variety collectors skip the errors section.

Your coin is a normal proof 1968S cent. What you see in LIBERTY is normal for the issue.

kloccwork419
04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
This is a smaller forum. I just come in a click the unread posts

mustbebob
04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
That's not the point Jason. Chuck is correct in that varieties should be in the varieties section, errors in errors etc. Why even have these divided into other categories? Because as stated above, I may not want to read everything...only those things in those categories that interest me.

kloccwork419
04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Well then why put it in variety if its not a variety. Its just a normal coin with some kind of something on it that looks like doubling but isnt. To me that would be an error of some kind.Why else would a proof look so messed up

fugnchill
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Is this the error/variety dilemma? What's an error, What's a variety or are they the same? Is there a variety of an error? Is that an error on that variety?

I'm just going to slowly back out of this post and let you continue. Sorry for the interruption.

Lestrrr