PDA

View Full Version : 1960D-1MM-052

joel
08-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Found this 1960D-1MM-052 (http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=1960&die_id=1960d1mm052&die_state=mds)while searching bank rolls. I believe I found all of the die markers shown on CC. Thanks for looking.

grnwavdav
08-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Nice one Larry. I think you have a variety magnet in your house! How many cents do you look through in a typical week?

joel
08-07-2016, 04:06 AM
Nice one Larry. I think you have a variety magnet in your house! How many cents do you look through in a typical week?
Dave, I go through about 4 to 6 bricks a week. Also, I agree completely with you about the excitement of the hunt which you wrote about in your blog, We were all hunters once. It's in our DNA!!

jfines69
08-07-2016, 04:32 AM
Nice find Larry... You are the KING of the 1960D RPMs!!!

garys64wildcat
08-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Larry,

Thanks for the info, I have several 60D small dates but no P,s, I would get the 09-58 error book but its sold out. I have 40$ to 50$ face of wheats and was thinking of errors.

Is a brick 50$ of cents? I used to buy bags for 50$ Dumb question, but have done it for a while.

joel
08-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Larry,

Thanks for the info, I have several 60D small dates but no P,s, I would get the 09-58 error book but its sold out. I have 40$ to 50$ face of wheats and was thinking of errors.

Is a brick 50$ of cents? I used to buy bags for 50$ Dumb question, but have done it for a while.
Gary, I buy bricks from my bank for $25 each. Once in while they offer me a $50 bag to search. I use copper.coins, wexler and coneca internet sites to verify varieties and errors. Good luck with those wheats and let us know what you find. Larry

grnwavdav
08-07-2016, 11:11 PM
Dave, I go through about 4 to 6 bricks a week.

That is awesome! I need to get you to you level!!!

willbrooks
08-08-2016, 02:43 PM
That is awesome! I need to get you to you level!!!

I dream of that too. We just all need to retire! I have an empty mustard jar on my desk with about 15 cents in it that has been sitting here for at least 6 months and I can't even seem to find the time to search those! :sign10:

Larry, I bet you are starting to know those listing by heart! Just let me know when you want to open your 1960D rpm attribution service. I will be your first customer!

joel
08-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Will and Dave, Since I'm retired I have the time to search, but if I were still working I would be lucky to do one a week. I am still enjoying the hunt even though it gets frustrating at times. Fortunately, ever now and then something special shows up and I am reinvigorated. LCF has also been a very motivating factor in keeping me inspired!! Thank you for responding to my posts!! Larry
PS: Regarding the 1960D rpm attribution service my memory is becoming so faulty that when I find one I can't even remember if I have ever found it before!!

Chugly
08-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Another quality find, Larry. I'm proud of you for working so hard on the boxes! I would be doing the same thing if I lived in your area! You are a big part of keeping all of us motivated and I appreciate you posting your finds very much!

garys64wildcat
08-09-2016, 11:04 AM
It would be nice to not be retired and the age of some of the members and had the knowledge that I have retained that could help my collection today.

I have some advertising that was sent and coin value guide books from 1958 to 1960`s and I bought a 1931s in AU for 12$ and a 3 leg Buffalo XF for 25$ area which was a lot for a kid with paper route

joel
08-09-2016, 11:21 AM
It would be nice to not be retired and the age of some of the members and had the knowledge that I have retained that could help my collection today.

I have some advertising that was sent and coin value guide books from 1958 to 1960`s and I bought a 1931s in AU for 12$ and a 3 leg Buffalo XF for 25$ area which was a lot for a kid with paper route
Wow!! Gary, You had a lot more knowledge back then of what the future holds than many do today!! Do you still have them?

garys64wildcat
08-09-2016, 04:07 PM
I wish I still had all my older collections, but I had a divorce in 1976. I sure hated to sell any of them. I cry every time I think about the stuff I sold.

I just traded for a better wife but it was worth the trade. And I have one of the 7 grandkids into old coins. He is 13, about the age I started collecting.
I gave him my first set of wheat cents from 09-58 that I started collecting from change. Missing 8 or 10. I let him check out my spares to upgrade the set I gave him. Also to have a 1 on 1 and give some help.

I hope he keeps at it and joins this forum.

joel
08-09-2016, 05:23 PM
I wish I still had all my older collections, but I had a divorce in 1976. I sure hated to sell any of them. I cry every time I think about the stuff I sold.

I just traded for a better wife but it was worth the trade.
Gary, I'm very glad it worked out well for you!! Larry

willbrooks
08-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Another quality find, Larry. I'm proud of you for working so hard on the boxes! I would be doing the same thing if I lived in your area! You are a big part of keeping all of us motivated and I appreciate you posting your finds very much!

Truth! Larry's work ethic is amazing. We have seen some others in the past, like Frank, who used to search this prolifically. Although it seems like Larry is "lucky" with his number of finds, or just lives where "all the good stuff is," I would suggest that only certain varieties are area specific, and he does find many repeats of certain varieties, but the overall amount of stuff that Larry finds is primarily due to his tenacity and volume. "Luck" has nothing to do with it in the long run. Larry is a hunting machine and his rewards and legacy are due to the hard work and time that he invests! What he has done in the last 2.5 years is very impressive in my opinion.