PDA

View Full Version : 1999P-WDDR-036

joel
08-28-2016, 03:31 PM
This 1999P-WDDR-036 (http://doubleddie.com/834560.html) was found in a bank roll today. It does not have the die chip in the bottom of the B in LIBERTY and I cannot see the die crack from the top of the right cornice through the length of the I in AMERICA to the rim, but it does have the die scratch that run southwest to northeast below the Memorial steps and it has the die scratch that runs northeast from the bottom right side of the first Memorial column. Maybe this is a different die stage than the one on Wexler's site. Thanks for looking.

willbrooks
08-28-2016, 05:27 PM
That looks like a match to me. I wonder how he determined that was a partial column and not just a deep die scratch?

jfines69
08-29-2016, 04:35 AM
Nice find Larry... I would have thought a scratch also... I think you are correct on the earlier die state!!!

willbrooks
08-29-2016, 04:50 AM
I would have thought a scratch also...

Well, I do not understand how a die can get hubbed with only one partial extra column nearer to the periphery when the last bay shows no evidence. I am not able to resolve that logically.

joel
08-29-2016, 09:07 AM
Well, I do not understand how a die can get hubbed with only one partial extra column nearer to the periphery when the last bay shows no evidence. I am not able to resolve that logically.
Will, I would have no answer to that. Mr. Wexler would be the one to ask. Larry

jfines69
08-29-2016, 02:21 PM
I agree with you 1000%... I am no vulcan so my logic engine is inoperable :LOL_Hair: