PDA

View Full Version : 1972D-1DO-003 LDS

uglycent
12-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Very worn out die but the thickness is evident in trust, the separation line in WE and LIB. There is also a skew to the 9 in the date.

jfines69
12-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Where you able to match markers??? To me it looks closer to a VLDS of CCs 001 http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=1972&die_id=1972d1do001&die_state=lds especially the separation lines on the G WE and the horizontal of the 2... Also the abrasions around the Date and MM looks to be a closer match??? Nice find either way!!!

uglycent
12-08-2016, 03:30 PM
You are correct once again, you are becoming my eyes to match these. Thanks for all your assistance. There are definitely scratches under the nose. they are hard to see with the scope but apparent with my hand scope. I am getting a better light for my station, I do well at my desk but suffer in the room set up for the digital scope.

Maineman750
12-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Nice find...and I'm going to post my doubled dies from now on and let Jim attribute them

jfines69
12-09-2016, 04:21 AM
Nice find...and I'm going to post my doubled dies from now on and let Jim attribute them
It is fine with me... Hopefully the new glasses I am getting will help even more... I think the glass will be the extra thick coke bottle bottoms... Maybe even a Quad focal :LOL_Hair:

jfines69
12-09-2016, 04:24 AM
You are correct once again, you are becoming my eyes to match these. Thanks for all your assistance. There are definitely scratches under the nose. they are hard to see with the scope but apparent with my hand scope. I am getting a better light for my station, I do well at my desk but suffer in the room set up for the digital scope.
Cool... I do see something really lite in the area... I also think the reason your pics look washed out is your light source is reflecting back into the lense... I do that quite often myself... Sometimes it can take a while to get the light in the correct position!!!