PDA

View Full Version : 1956-D OMM? D over S

cents-ability
04-17-2017, 08:51 AM
One more post for today. 1956-D where the D looks punched over a westward S. The S is faint compared to the D but I think pretty visible in the photo.
Does this look like an OMM?

Thank you,
Pamhttp://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119249&stc=1

VAB2013
04-17-2017, 10:08 AM
We need the OMM guru's help on this one. I checked coppercoins.com and didn't see a variety like this listed, but it could be listed on another site.

Can you try to get a tad closer photo of just the date and mint mark? There's a little bit of gunk in the way of seeing the MM clearly.

cents-ability
04-17-2017, 10:28 AM
Yes I will try to get closer. Thank you Viv - Will need my roommate's expert help on this one. He's teaching me to use the camera ;)
I don't want to try to remove gunk because this stuff is soft. I gently scraped away some thick gunk from a newer coin and I could see the marks the skinny little wood skewer tool left on that area. It's hard for me to leave it there - lol!

VAB2013
04-17-2017, 10:40 AM
You are right to not pick at it or rub the coin with anything. I have heard of some people on the forum using a rose thorn, but I would practice on a coin that would not matter.

Do you know how to use acetone and Mineral Oil?

jfines69
04-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Pics are to blurry to tell when I zoomed in... A clear pic of the date and MM would help!!!

mustbebob
04-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Sorry. I don't see anything here that makes me think it is an OMM. I think the acetone bath would be beneficial though. It does look like it could be a regular RPM.