PDA

View Full Version : 1957D-1MM-007

joel
06-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Found in a BWR today. A CC Obv. die marker (http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=1957&die_id=1957d1mm007&die_state=mds) was also found. Thanks for looking.

jfines69
06-28-2017, 02:42 PM
Nice find Larry... Attribution is spot on... Looks to be an EDS/Stage A... Checked it with VVs 007 http://varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20RPMs%20Vol%201/1957DRPM007.htm and I do not see the chip at the NW corner of the E of ONE on yours!!!

Petespockets55
06-28-2017, 04:38 PM
WTG Larry.
By the way, what is your profession, Coin sorter for the local Federal Reserve?
You are always finding stuff all times of the day or night.:LOL_Hair:

enamel7
06-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Larry, you just kill me!

VAB2013
06-28-2017, 06:18 PM
I agree with you guys, I asked Larry J. in a forum post a few months ago what his secret is and he looks at several bricks a week... but what still gets me is the quality of the coins he finds! It really is amazing Larry J., you rock!

(most of the mint marks I see here in Alabama's circulation population look like partially smeared peanut butter)

jfines69
06-29-2017, 04:07 AM
(most of the mint marks I see here in Alabama's circulation population look like partially smeared peanut butter)
:sign10::sign10:

joel
06-29-2017, 06:21 AM
I agree with you guys, I asked Larry J. in a forum post a few months ago what his secret is and he looks at several bricks a week... but what still gets me is the quality of the coins he finds! It really is amazing Larry J., you rock!

Vivien, My secret is having good Lincoln sources, being retired with lots of free time to search and, most importantly, loving the hunt!! Ultimately, it is a numbers game. The more you search the more you find!! Luck is also a factor, but it is one you can’t control. I am grateful to LCR and now LCF for renewing my interest in Lincolns and helping me have an exciting retirement activity. My thanks go out to everyone in the LCF family.

VAB2013
06-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Vivien, My secret is having good Lincoln sources, being retired with lots of free time to search and, most importantly, loving the hunt!! Ultimately, it is a numbers game. The more you search the more you find!! Luck is also a factor, but it is one you can’t control. I am grateful to LCR and now LCF for renewing my interest in Lincolns and helping me have an exciting retirement activity. My thanks go out to everyone in the LCF family.

Larry J, thank you for sharing your secret with us! And thank you for posting your finds, it is an inspiration to all of us so please don't stop! It's really great that you found this hobby and now have more time to enjoy it! You are really doing a great job finding great Lincoln's and giving them a nice home (may have to add on to your house one day though LOL) Keep up the fine work!!