PDA

View Full Version : Perspective rendering ("3D") video

ray_parkhurst
07-30-2017, 10:39 AM
I rendered a stack of images using a video technique, which outputted an mp4 video file. I can't figure out how to link to it, so you will need to go to my Photobucket page and download it from here:

http://s943.photobucket.com/user/rparkhurst/media/2017_06_11_132251.mp4.html?sort=3&o=14

Let me know what you think. Also, any advice on how to link to it would be appreciated.

Frank
07-30-2017, 10:45 AM
Weird...it doesn't seem to want to load for me. I'll try fanangling things on my end...

EDIT: OK, I got it. Had to load it in its own tab.

That looks simply amazing, Ray. Excellent work!

Also...Photobucket just started doing this goofy thing, where you need to have a paid account to 'hotlink' on other sites - i.e. here. It's not just you.

ray_parkhurst
07-30-2017, 10:56 AM
I do have a paid account...but they are changing terms and forcing a higher level of "membership" to hotlink.

Frank
07-30-2017, 11:11 AM
I've been seriously considering an alternative to PB. Really stinks; I've used them for years, and now they decide to do this. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making money...just seems a touch much to me.

ray_parkhurst
07-30-2017, 11:39 AM
They are counting on "loyalty" from folks like me who have used them for most of my hosting/linking for years, and don't want to lose the hundreds of historical links.

jfines69
07-30-2017, 02:51 PM
That's cool Ray... With video you can get some serious depth for 3D rendering... The higher the frame rate per second the deeper the rendering... Most likely you are unable to link because MP* is not a valid image format for the LCF... If it were in GIF then it should work!!!

VAB2013
07-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Well darn, I was not able to view it. My laptop has been having issues anyway, but I right clicked on the link to open in another tab, and the tab opened then my laptop faded to black (my crazy laptop). Then I tried it from my android tablet and your photobucket page opened just fine but I didn't see anything but ads. Do both parties have to be paid photobucket users?

ray_parkhurst
07-30-2017, 04:47 PM
I don't think you need to be a paid user to view the file, but I am not 100% sure. The file is big (140MB) so it takes a long, long time to download.

VAB2013
07-30-2017, 05:57 PM
I don't think you need to be a paid user to view the file, but I am not 100% sure. The file is big (140MB) so it takes a long, long time to download.

Ray, I tried again on my android tablet and your photobucket page loads but there is no file there, just those annoying ads. My son said many people are going to Imgur, which can also upload to a Reddit account if you want to, they are both free. Also, I think Jason has been using flickr.

onecent1909
07-30-2017, 06:29 PM
I finally figured out how to open it

it is a visual of a S mint mark
which cent is it from?

ray_parkhurst
07-30-2017, 08:12 PM
It is 1954-S RPM#4

ray_parkhurst
07-30-2017, 08:13 PM
Ray, I tried again on my android tablet and your photobucket page loads but there is no file there, just those annoying ads. My son said many people are going to Imgur, which can also upload to a Reddit account if you want to, they are both free. Also, I think Jason has been using flickr.

The file doesn't show up for me either, but the download button works. But nothing will happen for a long time when you hit download because it's a big file.

Do you have an updated hosts file on your computer? You can get rid of all those ads (and speed up your computer a lot) by updating the hosts file.

VAB2013
07-30-2017, 09:18 PM
The file doesn't show up for me either, but the download button works. But nothing will happen for a long time when you hit download because it's a big file.

Do you have an updated hosts file on your computer? You can get rid of all those ads (and speed up your computer a lot) by updating the hosts file.

Sorry but I'm not seeing the download button at all guess it's just my tablet.

jfines69
07-31-2017, 03:44 AM
Sorry but I'm not seeing the download button at all guess it's just my tablet.
When the ads show up click the Continue to Site button... You will most likely get a blank page with arrows on each side and a little square, may be top center... Right click the square and click Open In New Tab... That should work!!!

VAB2013
07-31-2017, 03:55 AM
When the ads show up click the Continue to Site button... You will most likely get a blank page with arrows on each side and a little square, may be top center... Right click the square and click Open In New Tab... That should work!!!

Thank you Jim, that worked but I didn't see a continue to site button just the arrows. I saw the awesome looking S Mint mark but didn't have time to wait for the video to load, have to leave for work. Will look again later.

jfines69
07-31-2017, 04:05 AM
Thank you Jim, that worked but I didn't see a continue to site button just the arrows. I saw the awesome looking S Mint mark but didn't have time to wait for the video to load, have to leave for work. Will look again later.
Cool... Glad I could help!!!