PDA

View Full Version : double D

loquixx
10-01-2017, 04:36 PM
http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=122883&stc=1http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=122884&stc=1

enamel7
10-01-2017, 06:06 PM
That's called md!

Petespockets55
10-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Every time I see a reference to Double D I think of the mint mark. But are you thinking Doubled Die?
I could be wrong but it looks like notching on the lower left corners of the date. Even the 0!
Possibly even the top of the 7?

RWBILLER
10-01-2017, 07:19 PM
The Mintmark looks like it has a scratch on the vertical part of the D.

willbrooks
10-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Two things going on here. The extra "stuff" on the rim side of the devices is die deterioration doubling. The line down the vertical of the mint mark cannot be any kind of legitimate doubling. I agree with Roger that it is damage. A hit to the area.

Petespockets55
10-02-2017, 10:40 AM
Two things going on here. The extra "stuff" on the rim side of the devices is die deterioration doubling. The line down the vertical of the mint mark cannot be any kind of legitimate doubling. I agree with Roger that it is damage. A hit to the area.
What about the notching on the lower left corners of the devices of the date & bottom center of the 0? Maybe even the bottom left corner of the upper bar of the 7.
The notching I'm seeing is opposite side of devices from the rim.

willbrooks
10-02-2017, 11:17 AM
What about the notching on the lower left corners of the devices of the date & bottom center of the 0? Maybe even the bottom left corner of the upper bar of the 7.
The notching I'm seeing is opposite side of devices from the rim.

Notice that is exactly right where the glare is hitting the devices. A zero wouldn't have a "notch." It isn't there in the upside down photo. Glare causes this optical effect. I'm not seeing any extra size or distortion here.

loquixx
10-02-2017, 01:49 PM
I don't see nothing on the date I want to know about the D is not a scrach

jfines69
10-03-2017, 04:03 AM
I am with the damage to the D... There is damage on the south west edge of the 0 and across north east section of the 2 a ding on the rim also east north east of the 7... Looks to me as if a coin rolling machine dinged it up a bit... Hope that helps a little???

Petespockets55
10-04-2017, 03:20 AM
Notice that is exactly right where the glare is hitting the devices. A zero wouldn't have a "notch." It isn't there in the upside down photo. Glare causes this optical effect. I'm not seeing any extra size or distortion here.
Thanks Will.
(Posting this again since it didn't take the first time.)
I wasn't able to make out any details in the upside down image because of how dark it was.
But it looks like the glare got me again.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Petespockets55
10-04-2017, 03:22 AM
I am with the damage to the D... There is damage on the south west edge of the 0 and across north east section of the 2 a ding on the rim also east north east of the 7... Looks to me as if a coin rolling machine dinged it up a bit... Hope that helps a little???
Thanks Jim.
Yeh, the D looks like it took a hit.

ray_parkhurst
10-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Wow, very deceptive lighting on the date making it look like doubling/notching. Surprising it could be so strong.

The D looks like PMD.