View Full Version : 1973p DDR?

Petespockets55
11-18-2017, 07:33 PM
There is a pretty strong secondary next to the last column.
Pretty sure it is not from die deterioration as it is separate from the real one.
I'm just not sure if this is a master die issue or something else since some years have similar issues at the columns that are not hub doubling.
I hope the images from my phone captured it well enough to tell.
Thanks again for all input and help. Cliff
ps. Is the designers initials being affected by die deterioration on this one? It just just seems like lots of memorials had issues with the FG spreading or getting really distorted and stretched.

VAB2013
11-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Cliff, I really can't tell that it's separate from the normal design of the last column. I don't know what that is called, a column shadow? Somebody will come along and help us out!

Petespockets55
11-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Cliff, I really can't tell that it's separate from the normal design of the last column. I don't know what that is called, a column shadow? Somebody will come along and help us out!
Thanks Viv but it is definitely a separate line parallel to the column.
It reminds me of the columns 5 & 8 that look like strong secondary columns but are actually the columns that are in the background at the real Lincoln memorial building giving these the appearance of doubling.

jfines69
11-19-2017, 02:19 PM
If you are talking inside B11 at C12 then that is a normal part of the design... It is an inner column... There is also one at C1 B1, C5 B5 and B7 C8