PDA

View Full Version : 2015 WDDO 014

Roller
12-30-2017, 02:07 PM
It appears to be a slightly earlier die state than the plate coin (which is also mine). I think I hate my lens (or maybe my photography skill or lack of it) because this coin is an MS 64-65 in hand and it looks like its Frankenstine brother in these pictures. Anyway, a nice DDO to look at. Just pulled from a bag.

makecents
12-30-2017, 02:46 PM
Nice find, again! I love those heavy spreads, it looks like it was flattened and pushed sideways. Is that how these occur or is it actually punched twice? By the way, I think the pics look fine, it's just all these fancy setups these folks have that make ours not look as good.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Roller
12-30-2017, 03:11 PM
Nice find, again! I love those heavy spreads, it looks like it was flattened and pushed sideways. Is that how these occur or is it actually punched twice? By the way, I think the pics look fine, it's just all these fancy setups these folks have that make ours not look as good.:tinysmile_hmm_t:
Given the "single squeeze" hubbing process used I would assume that the juxtaposition between the hub and die is slightly off and the die face and hub move into proper place as the hubbing process is completed producing a "slide" and consequent elongation of the devices in this kind of doubling. In some of the others I would think that the hubbing is stopped and re-started (against mint rules). Have not checked on this theory, it's just my own.

uglycent
12-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Very nice looking DDO

Petespockets55
12-30-2017, 04:53 PM
That is a nice one George.
I need to keep an eye out for that one since we aren't far apart.

makecents
12-30-2017, 05:32 PM
Sorry, I forgot to congratulate you on the discovery coin!

jfines69
12-31-2017, 04:11 AM
Excellent find... I think what you see is the light reflection from all the minor deviations in the plating... Your lighting looks to be shining directly onto the coins surface and is of a high intensity... I have done this numerous times and have had to adjust the lights direction!!!

VAB2013
12-31-2017, 05:24 AM
Nice to find an earlier die state of your discovery, Congrats Roller! That is a great looking Shield DDO! Makes us keep on searching those shiny things!

Roller
12-31-2017, 05:28 AM
Excellent find... I think what you see is the light reflection from all the minor deviations in the plating... Your lighting looks to be shining directly onto the coins surface and is of a high intensity... I have done this numerous times and have had to adjust the lights direction!!!
Yep. I did change the reflective glass to 45 degrees for these shots. I don't think my lens and subject like it much. The light was not direct.

Roller
12-31-2017, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the responses and Happy New Year to you all.

VAB2013
12-31-2017, 05:41 AM

Happy New Year to you too Roller! Hoping 2018 will be healthy, happy and prosperous! And include many great new Lincoln finds!

jfines69
12-31-2017, 02:03 PM
Yep. I did change the reflective glass to 45 degrees for these shots. I don't think my lens and subject like it much. The light was not direct.
I forgot you do the glass photos... My memory catches up eventually :LOL_Hair:

jfines69
12-31-2017, 02:04 PM
Happy New Year to you also!!!

koinmon
01-01-2018, 02:43 AM
Nice looking coin and pictures. Don't care much for these digital microscopes but I'm learning too!
George

joel
01-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Very cool "Best of Variety"!! Congrats!!