View Full Version : Nothing super exciting but my first variety of the year.

makecents
01-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Not a show stopper but my first of the year. Thanks for looking, Jon.http://doubleddie.com/1542214.html

VAB2013
01-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Congrats Jon, that is a nice DDR! A little different in that JFM gets most of the glory! Usually the LB steals the show! Cool find!

makecents
01-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Thanks Viv!! Hope the New Year brings you many cool finds! It will be tough to outdo your CLAM but I think you got it in you!!

01-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Nice way to start the new year. Looks nice. I'm still looking for my first new year find.

VAB2013
01-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Thanks Viv!! Hope the New Year brings you many cool finds! It will be tough to outdo your CLAM but I think you got it in you!!

You're welcome Jon, and hoping the same wishes for you this New Year! I must admit, my heart still flutters every time I flip over a 92P or D!

makecents
01-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Nice way to start the new year. Looks nice. I'm still looking for my first new year find.
Thanks!! You finished strong with that RDV-006 find (still looking for mine), so I'm sure your next variety is just around the corner!

jfines69
01-02-2018, 04:28 AM
That is an excellent find... Do you have the chip north of the LU in EPU??? I am not convinced this is WDDR-003 tho... Wexler makes no mention of EPU being in the DDR also Wexler states the strongest of the DDR is in AMERICA and on yours the strongest doubling appears to start at the 1st S of STATES??? Maybe a PM to Bob would be in order to give a pros look!!!

WaterSport
01-02-2018, 05:45 AM
Besides a great find, I think you got some Karma started for the coming year.

WS

TPring
01-02-2018, 06:31 AM
Congrats. Every little bit helps.

makecents
01-02-2018, 07:21 AM
That is an excellent find... Do you have the chip north of the LU in EPU??? I am not convinced this is WDDR-003 tho... Wexler makes no mention of EPU being in the DDR also Wexler states the strongest of the DDR is in AMERICA and on yours the strongest doubling appears to start at the 1st S of STATES??? Maybe a PM to Bob would be in order to give a pros look!!!
I'll check for the marker when I get home this evening. I enlarged it and I think I can see it though. Good point on the description in the listing.

makecents
01-02-2018, 07:22 AM
Besides a great find, I think you got some Karma started for the coming year.

WS
God first but I'm a big believer in Karma!!:D

makecents
01-02-2018, 12:55 PM
It's toned and trying to hide but everything looks to be there.

jfines69
01-02-2018, 01:18 PM
It's toned and trying to hide but everything looks to be there.
That looks like the chip... EPU could be from circ wear and PSD as there are some hits across EPU... STATES OF and the LB are still throwing tho??? Oh well... It is a really nice DDR either way!!!

makecents
01-02-2018, 01:43 PM
That looks like the chip... EPU could be from circ wear and PSD as there are some hits across EPU... STATES OF and the LB are still throwing tho??? Oh well... It is a really nice DDR either way!!!
Let me really mess with you now. Here is the post of the one I sent to Mr. Wexler as a possible discovery coin. I think he just omitted or overlooked some info. I believe these are both 003. http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?41822-2015-1%A2-WDDR-003-I-think&highlight=2015+wddo-003

jfines69
01-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Let me really mess with you now. Here is the post of the one I sent to Mr. Wexler as a possible discovery coin. I think he just omitted or overlooked some info. I believe these are both 003. http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?41822-2015-1%A2-WDDR-003-I-think&highlight=2015+wddo-003
Guess what - Mind BLOWN :LOL_Hair: I think you are correct... The pic of the chip on Wexlers http://doubleddie.com/1542214.html shows part of EPU and there is clear distortion in the letters and are similar to yours... The coin in this post looks to be the same die stage and the previous post looks to be earlier... Way to go!!!

makecents
01-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Guess what - Mind BLOWN :LOL_Hair: I think you are correct... The pic of the chip on Wexlers http://doubleddie.com/1542214.html shows part of EPU and there is clear distortion in the letters and are similar to yours... The coin in this post looks to be the same die stage and the previous post looks to be earlier... Way to go!!!

Hopefully he will update the listing. Should I send him a follow up email? There is nothing worse than multiple listings of the same variety, very aggravating.

jfines69
01-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Hopefully he will update the listing. Should I send him a follow up email? There is nothing worse than multiple listings of the same variety, very aggravating.
That may help... Is that the coin your are waiting attribution on???

makecents
01-02-2018, 02:35 PM
That may help... Is that the coin your are waiting attribution on???

Unfortunately it is but would rather have a revised existing listing than have a discovery coin which is already a listing.

jfines69
01-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately it is but would rather have a revised existing listing than have a discovery coin which is already a listing.
Thanks for the follow up... I agree... Hopefully he will get back with you fairly quick... It would be nice to know!!!