PDA

View Full Version : 1961D RPM

VAB2013
01-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Well guys, I am beginning to appreciate you RPM searchers more every day! Couldn't match this one up.

It's nice to be able to give attributions a number, but sometimes it's okay to just label it... "a pretty 1961D RPM" works for me :)

Edit: still working on lighting and focus, fun but tedious. I found a few articles about the lighting at TPG's. Will round those up and post some info I thought was interesting. Probably tomorrow.

Petespockets55
01-03-2018, 02:53 AM
Nice lighting and images.
Is it just me or does it look a little blurry/out of focus in the center of the coin but well focused on the perimeter devices? Does your scope get that precise on the focus?

VAB2013
01-03-2018, 04:32 AM
Nice lighting and images.
Is it just me or does it look a little blurry/out of focus in the center of the coin but well focused on the perimeter devices? Does your scope get that precise on the focus?

Thank you Cliff! Yes it is blurry toward the center of the coin but some others I have taken were not so I think this was was user error :) I was pretty tired when I took these photos. I am enjoying seeing things better and BU coins are a real joy to look at now! Bring it on 2018!

jfines69
01-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Another nice RPM Vivien... Another quick look yielded no results... I'm batting -1000 today :LOL_Hair: On the close up it looks as if the lighting is reflecting back into your lens... The center of the coins will normally be blurry compared to the outer areas as the coins, especially in later die states, are some what concave!!!

VAB2013
01-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Another nice RPM Vivien... Another quick look yielded no results... I'm batting -1000 today :LOL_Hair: On the close up it looks as if the lighting is reflecting back into your lens... The center of the coins will normally be blurry compared to the outer areas as the coins, especially in later die states, are some what concave!!!

Thank you Jim for this information! I didn't notice it until after it was posted. I was really tired and my focus was not working well so I probably could have done a little better job :)

makecents
01-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Very nice RPM Viv, even if it doesn't have a number! The pics are great too, I'm impressed with your scope and skills!

VAB2013
01-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Very nice RPM Viv, even if it doesn't have a number! The pics are great too, I'm impressed with your scope and skills!

Thank you Jon! I'm having fun seeing things I could not see very well before! It really cranks the search up a few notches!

jfines69
01-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Thank you Jim for this information! I didn't notice it until after it was posted. I was really tired and my focus was not working well so I probably could have done a little better job :)
Some times the only way to get a good shot is a happy medium between in and out of focus especially on full coin pics... The pics will look in focus until you zoom in then the out of focus areas will show up more... One of the reasons I like the image stacking... I focus on the farthest details and work my way up to the closest!!!

VAB2013
01-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Some times the only way to get a good shot is a happy medium between in and out of focus especially on full coin pics... The pics will look in focus until you zoom in then the out of focus areas will show up more... One of the reasons I like the image stacking... I focus on the farthest details and work my way up to the closest!!!

Thank you Jim. I have noticed that with this scope there is a fine line between focus and out of focus and I can get the focus close to good and use the knob to move the scope up or down just a smidge and that helps. But with full coin photos it seems to have a problem with depth perception, like whatever is close is blurry and whatever is farther away is in focus. One day I will graduate to image stacking :)

jfines69
01-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Thank you Jim. I have noticed that with this scope there is a fine line between focus and out of focus and I can get the focus close to good and use the knob to move the scope up or down just a smidge and that helps. But with full coin photos it seems to have a problem with depth perception, like whatever is close is blurry and whatever is farther away is in focus. One day I will graduate to image stacking :)
Just do the best you can until you are able to graduate to stacking!!!