View Full Version : Possible 1968d DDR?

TPring
01-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Could this be a DD or, is it just extreme MD?

Sorry for the pics*, I am still not good at the pics and did not want to go all-out if it is MD.

It does not seem like the listed variety. CC (http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=1968&die_id=1968d1dr001&die_state=mds) VV (http://www.varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20Doubled%20Dies%20Vol%202/DDR%201968-D.htm)

Thanks

*edit: it took me long enough to get these sorry pics.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

jfines69
01-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Good call on the MD... Pics aren't to bad... I've posted worse :LOL_Hair:

VAB2013
01-06-2018, 04:14 PM
That's a really shiny cent TPring, they are the worst nightmares! The color of your coin looks good, what type of light did you take these pics with?

makecents
01-06-2018, 05:29 PM
That is some extreme MD, very cool looking! I thought your pics were fine.

TPring
01-06-2018, 08:34 PM
That's a really shiny cent TPring, they are the worst nightmares! The color of your coin looks good, what type of light did you take these pics with?

These 68Ds are very shiny, probably been cleaned.

I cheated and used my cell phone:(. Overcast day here. Could not get any good pics with scope no matter what I tried -- I tried muting the natural light and could get no joy. Finally gave up because I had spent so much time on what I thought might be MD.

I have gone through about a couple hundred of these and have not find any varieties.

VAB2013
01-06-2018, 08:41 PM
These 68Ds are very shiny, probably been cleaned.

I cheated and used my cell phone:(. Overcast day here. Could not get any good pics with scope no matter what I tried -- I tried muting the natural light and could get no joy. Finally gave up because I had spent so much time on what I thought might be MD.

I have gone through about a couple hundred of these and have not find any varieties.

Okay, thank you for the update! I agree, this new scope will take some getting used to, but we will get there! Wow... a couple hundred! Bummer to not find a variety, but it sounds like you have some nice AU/BU coins in the mix!

hasfam
01-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Too bad on the miss. The hits and misses on OBW rolls can be frustrating sometimes. But when you get a hit on a good roll, there's nothing better. A few years ago I picked up a OBW roll of the 1968-D Lincolns for a couple bucks and it was solid RPM-001's. That was a good day.