PDA

View Full Version : 1983 lincoln

lincolnjoe
01-09-2018, 08:13 PM
hello everyone my first attempt at pictures.hope they turned out
I need some help with the word liberty,It seems like the 19 is MD but not sure on the word liberty?
and help will be appreciated and thanks for looking

enamel7
01-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Yes it's md. You can tell by the fact if you visually remove the doubling the letters are smaller than normal.

VAB2013
01-10-2018, 04:03 AM
Your photos are good, the color is real good and your full coin shot is very good too! Just a tad blurry on the LIB of Liberty which is what I wanted to see closer. The L and B are two places I look at first for doubling on an 83, the horizontal base of the L and inside of the B and/or notching on the lower left of Liberty.

I agree with you and enamel the 19 and ERTY is MD but can't say for certain about LIB because of the blur. I would say it's possible to have a doubled die and machine doubling at the same time. The reason I say this is the 83 look to have slight doubling and there could be something going on with the LIB, just need to look closer at that. How does IGWT look?

Here is a link to one of the sites where you can see awesome photos to compare your finds to doubled dies https://coppercoins.com/advsearch.php

jfines69
01-10-2018, 04:12 AM
Other than blurry your pics look pretty good... Good call on the MD!!!