PDA

View Full Version : 2000 WAM comparison

MiciDragan
01-31-2018, 05:58 PM
Hi,

What's going on with your coins?

I went to Lyndhurst last weekend for a haircut by the Polish hairdresser and picked up a brick in order to see if the high number of wheats are still to be found in the area.

Found one 2000 WAM that was nice on the reverse but poorly treated on the obverse. Then within next roll I spotted another 2000 WAM but this one is not so pronounced as the first one. What is going on here?

Thanks
Mici

Maineman750
01-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Only one of them is a WAM.....two other things you need to look at are the placement of the initials FG in relation to the memorial....and the spacing of the A in STATES http://lincolncentresource.com/wideams.html

GrumpyEd
01-31-2018, 09:10 PM
The one on the left is the WAM.

Your pics are fine to show them.
It's easy with them side by side, people post single pics and ask and it takes more work. If I'm searching I'll just grab a nearby coin to compare like your pics side by side instead of looking up stuff to see the placement.

Notice in your pics you can easily see the F is closer to the building on the left one.
F close to the building is a WAM.

The AM gap will be there on all WAMs but there can be a gap on some CLAMs mostly because if they polish the die it causes a gap.
So you're left one is a WAM, the right one is a CLAM that has a gap on the AM probably from die polishing.

makecents
02-01-2018, 03:38 AM
The one on the left is the WAM.

Your pics are fine to show them.
It's easy with them side by side, people post single pics and ask and it takes more work. If I'm searching I'll just grab a nearby coin to compare like your pics side by side instead of looking up stuff to see the placement.

Notice in your pics you can easily see the F is closer to the building on the left one.
F close to the building is a WAM.

The AM gap will be there on all WAMs but there can be a gap on some CLAMs mostly because if they polish the die it causes a gap.
So you're left one is a WAM, the right one is a CLAM that has a gap on the AM probably from die polishing.I've noticed this before with the gap on a CLAM but as you said, the initials always give it away. Good info Ed, thanks.

makecents
02-01-2018, 03:39 AM
Congrats on the WAM Mici!!

VAB2013
02-01-2018, 03:42 AM
Congrats Mici for finding that 2000 WAM! I've also seen some like what GrumpyEd has described, and a few that had some verdigris between the A and the M that pushed those two letters apart making it look like a WAM. Let us know how many wheat's you find from Lyndhurst!

MiciDragan
02-01-2018, 05:00 AM
Hi,

Thanks for clarification. I have made a new image where FG is included even if the focus isn't really there. The 2000 WAM coin appears to have better relief and details as compared to "2000 WAM imposer coin". Not sure if this applies to all or if it just happened in this case.

Sure, I will post the numbers when I am done with the box.

Mici

VAB2013
02-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Thank you for the updated photos Mici! You are correct, the other two, mid and right, are not WAM's. You can see how the FG is not as close to the Memorial as the WAM. With the WAM the FG is almost touching the Memorial! Nice photos!

jfines69
02-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Nice on the WAM... The others already mentioned everything I can think of... With all this talk about CLAMs I now want some chowder :LOL_Hair: