PDA

View Full Version : 2012d DDO? (Hope for our central and west coast friends.)

Petespockets55
02-11-2018, 08:02 AM
This was posted on another forum and I wanted to share with all those starving for some Denver varieties.
I wanted to let everyone here so they could get the jump on this one. (At least it appears to be a DDO)
Thanks for looking, Cliff

2012D DDO? LINK

(http://coinauctionshelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=12527&p=50381#p50381)

VAB2013
02-11-2018, 08:16 AM
Thank you for the link Cliff! That is interesting looking and I sure hope it's a DDO! You are right though, I'm a little stumped why Mr. Wexler did not photograph or mention the doubling at Trust on your recent 2017P Discovery. I think it looks awesome... I mean... just look at your cool avatar!

Petespockets55
02-11-2018, 01:15 PM
:LOL_Hair: Thanks Viv.
I wasn't trying to hype up the 001, just trying to let the OP on the link know that everyone is human and some things can get overlooked when listing a new variety. Just wanted the OP to look at the link and see if his might be a match to an existing one on doubleddies.
From my perspective that looked like nice doubling on the coin, especially for a Denver Shield cent.

VAB2013
02-11-2018, 01:22 PM
:LOL_Hair: Thanks Viv.
I wasn't trying to hype up the 001, just trying to let the OP on the link know that everyone is human and some things can get overlooked when listing a new variety. Just wanted the OP to look at the link and see if his might be a match to an existing one on doubleddies.
From my perspective that looked like nice doubling on the coin, especially for a Denver Shield cent.

I know you were not hype-ing (SP?) Cliff! It has bugged me ever since your Discovery listing though!

Please let us know when you see any updates on this potential 2012D (DENVER!) DDO!!!

Petespockets55
02-11-2018, 01:41 PM
I certainly will let everyone know if there is an update.
I plan to send an email to JW (Wexler) and let him know about the cross reference for VV and mention the reverse die marker and TRUST to jog his memory. But he may not have images of them since he returned the coin.
I imagine he has a lot going on with coin show season in full gear since the Fla. FUN show. A number of comments about trying to contact him so I hope all is well with him.

VAB2013
02-11-2018, 03:27 PM
I certainly will let everyone know if there is an update.
I plan to send an email to JW (Wexler) and let him know about the cross reference for VV and mention the reverse die marker and TRUST to jog his memory. But he may not have images of them since he returned the coin.
I imagine he has a lot going on with coin show season in full gear since the Fla. FUN show. A number of comments about trying to contact him so I hope all is well with him.

Great idea Cliff... send him your pics of Trust and the marker too so he can add them if he can. It may be a server space issue where he has to try to limit the number of photos if possible?? You are right, I'm sure he is very busy!

jfines69
02-12-2018, 03:38 AM
That does look promising... Hope it turns out to be... Thanks for the link!!!