PDA

View Full Version : 1944 S engraving doubling

dinkyblue
03-09-2018, 07:20 PM
I think this is engraving doubling, if my memory serves me right. Found this in a roll not in to bad a condition. Please have a look thanks...............dinkyblue

VAB2013
03-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Yes it is Dan, here is the link to Bob's Master Die Doubling list http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?41849-Master-Die-Doubling-1930s-thru-1979&highlight=master+doubling

Nice looking Lincoln & photos!

jfines69
03-10-2018, 04:12 AM
Nice looking coin... Here is the link to Error Ref http://www.error-ref.com/retouching_the_44_on_the_lincoln_cent/ I have found a bunch of different years with the re-engraved/retouched dies and have kept all of them... I think they are cool looking!!!

dinkyblue
03-10-2018, 07:58 AM
Thank you for the link Viv, and your comment on the photo's, I'v been working on the lighting and the photo's seem to be looking better. I have to thank Jim also I think these are pretty cool to Jim, I found one of these a few years ago I'll put this one with the other one. You might be interested on what I have found lately here are some coins I just found in box along with the one I just posted. I'm not sure if this is a typical find for everyone but I consider it a good find for me. Thanks for looking...................Dan

VAB2013
03-10-2018, 08:26 AM
You are welcome Dan! Wow, very nice looking wheats and IHC! I can tell you are working on your photos, they were already very good and keep getting better! Nice job Dan!

jfines69
03-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Nice coins and images... I guess we could say that 30P is a red brown :LOL_Hair: I would have thought better than G4 on the IHC??? Good thing I do not do this for a living :LOL_Hair:

dinkyblue
03-10-2018, 02:29 PM
I'm not good on grading so I thought that if I give it a low grade I can't go wrong. and the 30P does have a lot of red showing, looks like something was stuck to it for a long time during it's life. I thought it was a fair find for me, I normally don't find them like these that often. I have to thank Viv for her comments also, been working on my photo's trying to make them better looking. Still haven't learned exactly how to do an overlay yet, but I'm working on it. Thanks to both of you for looking ...................Dan

jfines69
03-11-2018, 03:52 AM
I'm not good on grading so I thought that if I give it a low grade I can't go wrong. and the 30P does have a lot of red showing, looks like something was stuck to it for a long time during it's life. I thought it was a fair find for me, I normally don't find them like these that often. I have to thank Viv for her comments also, been working on my photo's trying to make them better looking. Still haven't learned exactly how to do an overlay yet, but I'm working on it. Thanks to both of you for looking ...................Dan
I think they are all excellent finds... I am no good at grading either... Just can't figure it out... I'll chalk that up to old age :LOL_Hair: Your images do look really good as for the overlays you will get it figured out eventually... Always glad to help when I can!!!

Petespockets55
03-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Is it the lighting or is there some thickness on the reverse of the 1938? (Third coin) Hard to tell on EPU but the first dot looks oval not round.

jfines69
03-12-2018, 03:59 AM
Is it the lighting or is there some thickness on the reverse of the 1938? (Third coin) Hard to tell on EPU but the first dot looks oval not round.
That does look elongated... EPLU looks a little thick in the same direction!!!

dinkyblue
03-12-2018, 08:08 AM
I don't think the dot is oval, but I could be wrong, also I included a pic of the 8 in the date it looks similar to CC 004. here are some pictures of the 1938 reverse and the 8 in the date on the obverse.....................Dan

jfines69
03-12-2018, 01:55 PM
I think the light angle on the 38s EPU is what threw me... On the close up there is no doubling like I thought there was... Your 8 looks interesting but I think it is from an abrasion on the south end... Lots of small abrasion lines in that area... Thanks for the follow up images... You did a good job with those... Clear, sharp and easy to see!!!

Petespockets55
03-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Yes, a definite thank you for the follow-up images. They make it easy to see it is a regular reverse.

dinkyblue
03-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Yes, you guy's are right wish it was a DDR. Iv been working on my photo's glad it shows. Thank you Jim, and petespockets55 for you help...............Dan

jfines69
03-13-2018, 03:57 AM
Yes, you guy's are right wish it was a DDR. Iv been working on my photo's glad it shows. Thank you Jim, and petespockets55 for you help...............Dan
Always glad to help... You are doing a great job with your images... Wish I could do that good without image stacking software but alas my pic taking abilities are poor at best :LOL_Hair: