PDA

View Full Version : 2001P Possible unlisted DDO

VAB2013
06-03-2018, 05:32 AM
This is the 2001P that Will looked at and he thinks it could be unlisted. Took the pics in a hurry, have work for half of the day today.

Jon, if you see anything you need a better photo of, please let me know.

makecents
06-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Nice Viv!! Looks to be totally different from mine and the cc's 001 listing. Hope you have a new one!!

enamel7
06-03-2018, 06:56 AM
I'm sure it's doubled, but I think it's too minor to list.

mustbebob
06-03-2018, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry, but I am not seeing anything yet. Point me in the right direction Viv.

VAB2013
06-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Nice Viv!! Looks to be totally different from mine and the cc's 001 listing. Hope you have a new one!!

Thank you Jon! Well, I found this one when I was still a young pup and you would have thought I won the lottery! Guess we'll find out :tinysmile_twink_t:

VAB2013
06-03-2018, 06:47 PM
I'm sure it's doubled, but I think it's too minor to list.

Thank you enamel! Yes Sir, it could be too minor. Sorry the earlier pics were not very good, tried harder and got a few more. Will post them with the reply to Bob's post.

VAB2013
06-03-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm sorry, but I am not seeing anything yet. Point me in the right direction Viv.

Thank you very much Bob and I apologize for not giving you better photos to look at. The photos below are still not the greatest, but hopefully you can tell something from them. I really appreciate your help!

The middle section of the TY has taken a hit, as well as, the right arm of the Y.

jfines69
06-04-2018, 03:55 AM
Difficult one for sure... To me it looks like some abnormal die wear and of course circ wear... What looks like could be footballs in the zeros appear to be in different directions with the 1st 0 being NNE/SSW and the 2nd mostly N/S with a slight CCW rotation??? The inside of the B and R of LIBERTY look interesting but I think that is from being flattened somewhat by circulation same with the E... WE also looks to have been flattened... I may be way out in left field somewhere... It will be interesting to see what Bob says!!!

mustbebob
06-04-2018, 02:07 PM
I do see the thickness in the date you are referring to, however, it just seems abnormally different. It seems like the left side of the '0's are thicker than the right side and I am thinking that would be more indicative of deterioration of some sort. Based on the flow lines, this is only an MDS coin so that sort of deterioration doesn't make sense. I don't see much on LIBERTY. I think this one is something I would like to see in hand to try and make a proper determination Viv.

VAB2013
06-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Difficult one for sure... To me it looks like some abnormal die wear and of course circ wear... What looks like could be footballs in the zeros appear to be in different directions with the 1st 0 being NNE/SSW and the 2nd mostly N/S with a slight CCW rotation??? The inside of the B and R of LIBERTY look interesting but I think that is from being flattened somewhat by circulation same with the E... WE also looks to have been flattened... I may be way out in left field somewhere... It will be interesting to see what Bob says!!!

Thank you Jim for helping me with this! I don't think you are out in left field at all Jim, sometimes these different ones can throw us for a loupe :)

VAB2013
06-04-2018, 09:03 PM
I do see the thickness in the date you are referring to, however, it just seems abnormally different. It seems like the left side of the '0's are thicker than the right side and I am thinking that would be more indicative of deterioration of some sort. Based on the flow lines, this is only an MDS coin so that sort of deterioration doesn't make sense. I don't see much on LIBERTY. I think this one is something I would like to see in hand to try and make a proper determination Viv.

Thank you Bob for your time looking this over! I didn't realize how different it is until you and Jim explained all of this to me! I would really appreciate you taking a look and will send it to you soon!