PDA

View Full Version : United States Mint Launches Second Redesigned One-Cent Coin Honoring Abraham Lincoln’

News Line
05-14-2009, 08:02 AM
United States Mint Launches Second Redesigned One-Cent Coin Honoring Abraham Lincoln’s Indiana Roots
05-13-2009 10:00 PM
http://www.usmint.gov/images/pressroom/default.jpg LINCOLN CITY, Ind. - The United States Mint held a ceremonial launch today at the Lincoln Amphitheatre in scenic Lincoln State Park to mark the release of the second redesigned one-cent coin (penny) struck in honor of the bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln's birth. The new one-cent coin-released to the Federal Reserve today-features a reverse design representing Lincoln's formative years in Indiana.

More... ( http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?action=press_release&ID=1020 )

RWBILLER
05-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi:
Ordered mine today - the web site was Very slow. I mean very slow. The expected delivery date is May 29, 2009. My First series rolls were ordered in early March and did not arrive until the 12th of May.
Thanks
Roger

Steven
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Took me abut 2 & 1/2 hours to finally get them ordered. Yeah real slow but I kept pluggin till I got through. Immediatley went to back order:|

jcuve
05-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up - took me about 2 minutes to order a couple of sets... Woo hoo!

koinmon
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Ordered my 5 sets yesterday 40 min. on redial and internet got answered on phone first. 5 sets via son in law and 5 more by my BRO 15 sets total. Wish I only had more family.

mustbebob
05-15-2009, 04:23 PM
I guess I was a little slow in odering them this time. They said my rolls are backordered and the get well date is the 13th of July. Well, I guess it's no different than the almost 2 months I waited for the first sets.

nightowl
05-21-2009, 03:55 PM
My order must have gone through, my mint card has a pending charge on it. Joe

fugnchill
05-21-2009, 04:43 PM
My card was charged today so I checked the U.S. Mint website tracking and it only says: In stock on reserve. Something like that. The only email that I received with a shipping date was July 17th er so. It says that they'll email us with shipping info. when available. I'm patient and we'll get them once they send them out.

Lestrrr

Brad
05-21-2009, 04:45 PM
My card was charged today so I checked the U.S. Mint website tracking and it only says: In stock on reserve.

Lestrrr

Mine says that too. It did not say that before, so who knows. My shipping date was supposed to be May 30th.

jupiterkm1
05-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Backordered til 7/16/09, but I still ordered. I'm like Jason, I have the HSN offer going too: 2 MS 67, two rolls certified MS 65+, plus two free ANACs certifications. Still seems like a good deal.
Kevin

OCD
05-21-2009, 06:50 PM
I just got an email saying that mine shipped today. Wow!! 8 days early.

nightowl
05-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Heres the 2 roll set numbers.

mustbebob
05-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I checked mine today, and it changed to 'In stock and Reserved' after having a backorder date of Juy 13th just yesterday. Could they have learned their lesson from the first set's fiasco??

1sgret
05-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I checked mine today, and it changed to 'In stock and Reserved' after having a backorder date of Juy 13th just yesterday. Could they have learned their lesson from the first set's fiasco??

I understand the mint is doubling there daily output on Lincolns. :tinysmile_hmm_t: They can afford to pay overtime now!!!!!!!!

Hearsay or What? :tinysmile_eyebrow_t Keep your fingers and toes crossed.:LOL_Hair:

JeanK
05-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Just checked and my sets are back-ordered, and expect shipment 15 July.
Jean

mustbebob
05-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Joe,
I guess since they are not going to strike any more nickels and dimes, the machinery is available for striking the cents. Maybe that could be a reason too??

mustbebob
05-25-2009, 04:57 AM
Another update on my order from the mint. After originally being told it would be back ordered until July 13th, my order has shipped. It's not too often you can receive them 1 1/2 months earlier than told. Anyone else getting updates like htis??

OCD
05-25-2009, 06:12 AM
I received my order saturday.

JeanK
05-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Nothing more as of the end of the Memorial Day weekend. But, much to my surprise, they refunded my $8.95 for the missing set in my box of the log cabin cents! That was quick.
Jean

jcuve
05-26-2009, 04:12 AM
Another update on my order from the mint. After originally being told it would be back ordered until July 13th, my order has shipped. It's not too often you can receive them 1 1/2 months earlier than told. Anyone else getting updates like htis??

I got the same email! Hopefully they'll be here this week...

fugnchill
05-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally like I mentioned earlier, the estimated ship date was July 13th or around there. Then last week it said in stock and reserved. I checked the status yesterday and it said order in process and I woke up to an email sent yesterday saying that my order shipped. I guess they did step up on the production.

Lestrrr

Steven
05-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Check the mint site and it says they shipped my log splitters out today. A lot quicker than the log cabins.

nightowl
05-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I checked over the weekend and they are still taking orders.

Brad
05-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Mine were shipped today! Anyone know what the US mint rolls are selling for??? It seems like around $25 for the pair.

nightowl
05-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Finally got mine today.

jcuve
05-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Finally got mine today.

...Me too...

Steven
05-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Got mine today too.......:)

fugnchill
05-30-2009, 01:01 PM
You guys are making me want to go check the mail box. We all got the shipping email the same day...I'll be right back.

Lestrrr

Update: NO!

Brad
05-30-2009, 04:13 PM
You guys are making me want to go check the mail box. We all got the shipping email the same day...I'll be right back.

Lestrrr

Update: NO!

I did the same thing today after reading their posts...with the same result. Maybe tomorrow.

mustbebob
05-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Me too. I checked the mail, but it wasn't there:( I did track it to Atlanta and then the hand-off to the USPS. It left there yesterday morning at 2AM. I guess it'll take 4 days to make the trip I normally make in 5 hours.

SirSilverOzzyyzzO - Penny
05-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Mine were shipped today! Anyone know what the US mint rolls are selling for??? It seems like around $25 for the pair.

I sold two LP2 boxes on Flea-Bay for around $32.00 bucks (on average), but mine was the first one listed so it took a little beating and the second one went up for sale well after there were a ton of other listings.

I have two boxes, at PCGS, awaiting grades, right now...

Brad
05-30-2009, 05:24 PM
I sold two LP2 boxes on Flea-Bay for around $32.00 bucks (on average), but mine was the first one listed so it took a little beating and the second one went up for sale well after there were a ton of other listings.

I have two boxes, at PCGS, awaiting grades, right now...

Let us know what grades you get from PCGS. It will be interesting to see the breakdown of the 200 coins you sent.

06-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Let us know what grades you get from PCGS. It will be interesting to see the breakdown of the 200 coins you sent.

I will do.

fugnchill
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I just checked and my order will be here tomorrow but I did want to ask a question about tracking numbers. I ordered 1 set and in the email from the mint under tracking numbers, there is 3 different tracking numbers. This is my first time ordering from there. Are those just different tracking numbers due to handing the package off at a different facility?

Thanks,
Lestrrr

nightowl
06-01-2009, 06:13 PM
I had 5 sets on 1 order and they give me 2 tracking numbers. Alot of good they were the only update was when they were delivered at my house.

06-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I just checked and my order will be here tomorrow but I did want to ask a question about tracking numbers. I ordered 1 set and in the email from the mint under tracking numbers, there is 3 different tracking numbers. This is my first time ordering from there. Are those just different tracking numbers due to handing the package off at a different facility?

Thanks,
Lestrrr

This really won't help but, the U.S. Mint is all F--Ked Up! Don't try and figure them out, you'll get a headache for no good reason. Just call them on your lunch break about your order, have your order number on hand and hope to get one of the polite workers there - my last few calls have been wonderfullll, but years past were not so nice. Once I hear the Southern Draw, I know I have a good one...

P.S. I cracked open one LP2 50 Penny P Roll - what a bunch of GARBAGE! Maybe six or seven MS 66/67ishes... Maybe four 69's but they would never grade that high due to all the bag marks and cruddy black marks. However, it was pretty cool to see such beautiful cartwheels on a penny. I'm just not used to that. The rest 65's and below. Pretty much what I was expecting, but I was/am very turned off by what looks to be a lot like Milk Spots that are found on Silver American Eagles, all over most of them.

I cracked open the D roll and stopped looking after 8 Heavily Milk Spotted covered pennies! I'll resume 2-morrow and just look for errors.

fugnchill
06-01-2009, 10:03 PM
That's what I'm hearing from everybody about the new Lincolns is that their covered with the sneeze marks. I'll still open mine though just to check for errors. There's one that looked kind of promising but hard to tell from his pictures. I posted it here: http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4653

He's waiting for Billy to get back to him about mailing directions so hopefully.
Lestrrr

OCD
06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I asked my wife to pick me up a couple of boxes today and look what she brought me.:)

kloccwork419
06-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Where on earth did she pull that one off???

I can get Fed boxes but they are never one solid date!!!

OCD
06-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Where on earth did she pull that one off???

I can get Fed boxes but they are never one solid date!!!

I can't give away all of my secrets.:D I was able to get 5 boxes of 08s last year. Plus the boxes I get don't have any inspection holes in them, so the tellers can't see what's in them either without opening the box.

kloccwork419
06-03-2009, 02:44 PM
The Boxes I get have no holes either. Banks say they cant order just new coins.

OCD
06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
The Boxes I get have no holes either. Banks say they cant order just new coins.

That's what they tell me also. I think it's just luck of the draw.