PDA

View Full Version : Not a new user but been a very long time but sweet news

Jacob
08-25-2018, 10:15 PM
Its been awhile since been on here but felt the need to come on to share news of my most recent great awesome find. This was found metal detecting in strangest place. I found my absolute favorite coin ever and my mouth dropped. This is not a cent coin so sorry on that but felt it was worth sharing the story with yall. My 3rd favorite coin is a cent of all designs. 2nd favorite is a walking liberty half dollar. My first all time favorite and yes this is what I found is a beautiful 20 dollar Saint-Gaudens. And yes a Saint-Gaudens 😀......... I haveno camera to share photos but it isnt a rare one but still a gold coin....... And a Saint Gaudens to boot. God Bless everyone and hope all is well. We will be talking more soon.

GrumpyEd
08-25-2018, 10:46 PM
Lets here the story on the $20, no video or location needed but I'd love to hear some of the story.

I haven't had my detector out all year. I was watching some detecting youtubes with "the Hoover Boys" and watching them pulling out lots of colonials, reales, a chain cent and an 1877 IHC made me really want to go out detecting. :)

TPring
08-26-2018, 07:08 AM
Excellent find.

My father-in-law bought a high quality [aka expensive] metal detector several years ago and do not think he has even used it yet. LOL

Unfortunately, he spends so much time and effort being a snowbird [WA/AZ] he has little time and will probably never use it.

Petespockets55
08-26-2018, 08:31 AM
Its been awhile since been on here but felt the need to come on to share news of my most recent great awesome find. This was found metal detecting in strangest place. I found my absolute favorite coin ever and my mouth dropped. This is not a cent coin so sorry on that but felt it was worth sharing the story with yall. My 3rd favorite coin is a cent of all designs. 2nd favorite is a walking liberty half dollar. My first all time favorite and yes this is what I found is a beautiful 20 dollar Saint-Gaudens. And yes a Saint-Gaudens ......... I haveno camera to share photos but it isnt a rare one but still a gold coin....... And a Saint Gaudens to boot. God Bless everyone and hope all is well. We will be talking more soon.
Sooo Sweet. :eclipsee_gold_cup: Gold is alwaaaaays good!!
Any mint mark?

And what part of which country did you find this one? :)

VAB2013
08-26-2018, 10:04 AM
Excellent find.

My father-in-law bought a high quality [aka expensive] metal detector several years ago and do not think he has even used it yet. LOL

Unfortunately, he spends so much time and effort being a snowbird [WA/AZ] he has little time and will probably never use it.

Well darn, maybe next time he's around ya'll can both take a metal detecting trip :)

VAB2013
08-26-2018, 10:06 AM
Wow Jacob! How amazing! Congrats for finding your favorite Saint-Gaudens!

Jacob
08-26-2018, 11:45 AM
I found this coinat an old park and it was the first beep that went off. There is no mintmark but still a bucket list find for me. As soon as I found it I left for it was good enough to call it quits lol.

VAB2013
08-26-2018, 01:39 PM
I found this coinat an old park and it was the first beep that went off. There is no mintmark but still a bucket list find for me. As soon as I found it I left for it was good enough to call it quits lol.

Thanks for letting us know! Wow... the first beep! Great find... one check off the ole' bucket list! Have you been back since?

jfines69
08-26-2018, 02:07 PM
Awesome find... Glad to have you check in... Even tho it is not a lincoln COOL!!!

enamel7
08-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Nice job Jacob!

Jacob
08-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately I cant go back atm due to servere lymes disease. I have a picc line in me now and have to have it in me for 28 days to get antibiotics. I was on oral antibiotics twice for 2 months at a time and little improvement. I have alot of other health problems that intestified Immensely due to the lymes and cant do much atm. Also with the picc line in me I have to take it easy. I will go back there in the spring if health starts improving. The only thing Im doing now is looking through rolls of coins from the banks. And thanks everyone foryes it was a find of a lifetime for me. God bless everyone and good to be back.

VAB2013
08-27-2018, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately I cant go back atm due to servere lymes disease. I have a picc line in me now and have to have it in me for 28 days to get antibiotics. I was on oral antibiotics twice for 2 months at a time and little improvement. I have alot of other health problems that intestified Immensely due to the lymes and cant do much atm. Also with the picc line in me I have to take it easy. I will go back there in the spring if health starts improving. The only thing Im doing now is looking through rolls of coins from the banks. And thanks everyone foryes it was a find of a lifetime for me. God bless everyone and good to be back.

So sorry to hear about your illness with lymes disease. I don't know a lot about lymes but I have heard it can take several months to be cured so since you are now on a 28 day regimen of antibiotics hopefully that will knock it out. Thank you for letting us know so we can keep you in our thoughts and prayers! Hope you find some very special Lincoln's while you are having to take it easy for awhile!

jfines69
08-29-2018, 02:50 PM
You're not allowed to be sick :LOL_Hair: Bite that tick back and see how they like it :LOL_Hair: Since you have limes disease give them lemons disease :LOL_Hair: Take care... Hope you can improve enough to get that line removed!!!

WaterSport
08-30-2018, 05:42 PM
I understand you had to go back home after finding that gold...I would have also had to go back home ...in order to change my pants!

Wow!

WS