PDA

View Full Version : 1939D RPM

TPring
10-13-2018, 01:59 AM
Up burning the mid-night [early-morning] oil trying to get a handle on all these red cents.

The bags just keep multiplying and I am getting behind on getting them sorted and checked.:O

My latest specimen is a 1939D RPM001 (http://www.varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20RPMs%20Vol%201/1939DRPM001.htm) and looks to be mid-to-late stage [as usual].

Thanks,

makecents
10-13-2018, 06:27 AM
Nice Top 100 and a great looking coin T!! Where it's not an EDS coin, it shows really well too, congrats!!

VAB2013
10-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Congrats T! Very nice looking Stage D, Top 100 RPM! Geez... you were up late or early LOL! That's cool you have some bags of wheats to look through! Coin shop bags?

TPring
10-13-2018, 08:46 PM
... Coin shop bags?

Yes, I have purchased about half dozen so far -- Makes no sense [cents?] for me to get bricks.

It is like renting coins to search since I can return them to the shop for 5 or 6 cents each.

VAB2013
10-14-2018, 04:57 AM
That's cool, I like the renting idea! How do you know if a bag you get is not one you already searched?

TPring
10-14-2018, 09:14 AM
How do you know if a bag you get is not one you already searched?

:LOL_Hair:
So far I haven't sold back any and they are piling up at my house. I am hanging on to them for now [separated] in case I learn new information about a variety and need to re-examine them. I have been able to find varieties I missed on the first go-round.

Eventually I will sell them back but I think he has enough bags and turn-over to prevent re-searching the same coins.

Now I just need to come up with a way to categorize and store them efficiently because right now they are in sitting labeled in old plastic yogurt containers. :)

jfines69
10-15-2018, 03:42 AM
Nice find... Does yours have the die crack along the bottom of the shoulder that VV shows http://www.varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20RPMs%20Vol%201/1939DRPM001.htm on Stage C and D??? The RPM on this one is strange... Yours looks closer to the Stage A, however on VV the secondary MM is revealed better in Stage B and C then is tapering off in Stage D... Could yours be a Stage E or later??? If so yours would be a candidate to update the VV files??? Especially for a CONECA Top 100 listing!!!

TPring
10-15-2018, 07:10 AM
Nice find... Does yours have the die crack along the bottom of the shoulder that VV shows http://www.varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20RPMs%20Vol%201/1939DRPM001.htm on Stage C and D??? The RPM on this one is strange... Yours looks closer to the Stage A, however on VV the secondary MM is revealed better in Stage B and C then is tapering off in Stage D... Could yours be a Stage E or later??? If so yours would be a candidate to update the VV files??? Especially for a CONECA Top 100 listing!!!

Thanks for the feedback.

I looked for the shoulder crack but did not see one -- Will take another look. Almost didn't see the crack at VDB until I looked at it from different angles.

VAB2013
10-15-2018, 09:21 AM
:LOL_Hair:
So far I haven't sold back any and they are piling up at my house. I am hanging on to them for now [separated] in case I learn new information about a variety and need to re-examine them. I have been able to find varieties I missed on the first go-round.

Eventually I will sell them back but I think he has enough bags and turn-over to prevent re-searching the same coins.

Now I just need to come up with a way to categorize and store them efficiently because right now they are in sitting labeled in old plastic yogurt containers. :)

Thanks for the explanation! You and your family must eat a lot of yogurt :)

Too bad you don't have two coin shops nearby... one to buy from and one to sell to!

joel
10-15-2018, 06:12 PM
WOW!! Very cool RPM and great pics too!! Nice find!! Congrats!!

jfines69
10-17-2018, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

I looked for the shoulder crack but did not see one -- Will take another look. Almost didn't see the crack at VDB until I looked at it from different angles.
Thanks for the follow up... Would be nice to have a new stage!!!