PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete photo's in the photo uploader.

eaxtellcoin
11-18-2018, 11:27 AM
I think I need to delete all 322 uploaded pics from past posts. When I try to upload to a thread - no permission - please try logging in again, I'm logged in. How do I delete photo's from previous posts. Thanks

Petespockets55
11-18-2018, 09:23 PM
Not 100% here. (Viv had a similar scenario last year and deleted some images that she didn't need to. She was kicking herself afterward.)

When ever I have had to delete an image I went go to the "Manage Attachments" tab at the bottom of a new post.

and accessed them that way to delete.

VAB2013
11-18-2018, 10:01 PM
Eric this is a question for Peter I think. The reason I say that is... what happened to me is, I was trying to upload a photo and it wouldn't upload. I thought the reason it wouldn't upload was because I had too many photos in archives and I had used up all the space each person has (I had over 2,000 photos). So I started a thread just to get to the manage attachments section and started deleting photos. What that did is, the photo got deleted from the thread it was on, but the photo was still in archives. I have gone back to some of the threads and re-attached the photos from archives but haven't done that to all of the threads, it would take so long. The actual reason that my photo would not attach is the size was too large. So I did all of that and made a big mess...

I'm not really sure what you are wanting to do. Are you wanting to post a pic and can't get it to post? If so, that would be the first thing to address for you. If it's something else, then you can either let us know on this thread, or ask Peter by PM. Hope that helps you some.

eaxtellcoin
11-19-2018, 05:27 AM
Morning Viv, I am probably locked out of posting a pic. I tried three times to upload a rare RPM for folks to see and when I hit the upload button I get a message I do not have permission. Try logging in again. It is what it is, no posting pics...

Looks like I have 322 pics in archive so I guess it's not that. My pics are always small usually 600X400pix

jfines69
11-19-2018, 02:33 PM
That would be a Peter issue... Above our pay grade :LOL_Hair: I will send Peter and Maineman a PM with a link to this thread!!!

Added - I sent a PM to Peter and Maineman asking for their assistance!!!

Maineman750
11-19-2018, 02:56 PM
Eric, if you've checked that specific picture and the size is per forum standards, then Peter will have to look at it. We do not block specific people from posting pics so I have no idea what it could be.

eaxtellcoin
11-20-2018, 09:38 AM
Since Vivian is here right now I will try this one more time. - I'm going to try to start a thread in Variety Attributions.

VAB2013
11-20-2018, 09:42 AM
Since Vivian is here right now I will try this one more time. - I'm going to try to start a thread in Variety Attributions.

Yes Eric, I'm still here! Let's see what happens!

Maineman750
11-20-2018, 09:44 AM
You can also try emailing the pic to Viv and she if she can post it

eaxtellcoin
11-20-2018, 09:49 AM
it may be my virus protection. I got one pic up and I then get the same problem. Cannot add any marker photo's. I think I got one pic up.

The problem seemed to fix itself when I clicked "remember me" along with user name and password.

VAB2013
11-20-2018, 09:55 AM
Eric, I will PM you my email address.

jfines69
11-20-2018, 02:23 PM
it may be my virus protection. I got one pic up and I then get the same problem. Cannot add any marker photo's. I think I got one pic up.

The problem seemed to fix itself when I clicked "remember me" along with user name and password.
Remember Me may be the ticket... I am not sure how the programming is set up but it sounds like the image upload section may be on a separate drive from the actually forum program and is not able to recognize you are still in the forum!!!